By Todd Harrison Mar 12, 2004 11:41 am
Nobody likes a sour puss!
- The full name of the city of Los Angeles is "El Pueblo de Nuestra Senora la Reina de los Angeles de Porciuncula." No wonder everyone on the left coast is so nutty!
- Don Hays offered the following tidbit and got everyone juiced up: "The one-day Arms Index closed above 2.35 for the last three days in a row, something that Peter Eliades huge data crunching tells me has only happened one other time in history, on September 12, 1953. The stock market has never again returned to those levels as it marked the absolute low point of a selling panic."
- Looking for a compilation of kid critter poems for your kids? Read Ms. Swein---you'll be able to tell your grandkids you knew her way back when!
- Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) will release the "fair value" of their current derivative positions on Monday during their annual disclosure. Phil Erlanger, who does fantastic analysis of short intensity, opines "We were amazed by the absence of short sellers in this stock and by how many institutions still own this name, given that its controversial accounting standards have been known in the marketplace for quite some time."
- "Happiness is to be found along the way, not at the end of the road, for then the journey is over and it is too late. Today, this hour, this minute is the day, the hour, the minute for each of us to sense the fact that life is good, with all of its trials and troubles, and perhaps more interesting because of them." ~ Robert R. Updegraff
- Armored knights raised their visors to identify themselves when they rode past their king. This custom has become the modern military salute.
- Wanting to be longer after rallies and shorter after meltage is no way to go through life, son. A better approach is to map out a strategy and adapt it to the dynamic Minx.
- The DXY (dollar index) is up 1%, gold is down the same and silver is 2.5% cheaper.
- Vin Baker, who was declared a free agent by an arbitrator on Thursday, has chosen the New York Knicks over the Miami Heat, a source familiar with the situation told Bloomberg News on Friday.
- The 57 on Heinz ketchup bottles represents the number of varieties of pickles the company once had.
- With six of the top ten weightings in the NDX under the 200-day moving average, it's worth noting that the QQQ 200-day moving average is $34.12.
- The Minyan Ambassador welcome letters are being sent today! If you would like more information on how to earn while you learn and join the Minyan family, just let us know! If this goes according to plan, alotta Minyans are gonna make alotta money.
- From Pepe "my Wildcats are still in their conference tournament" Depew regarding Jason Roney's morning piece. "Interesting comments this a.m. on spx 10, 30 days out. What strikes me is the fact that all occurrences prior to 2000 were during the structural bull market period 82-99. Truly the next 30 days will be very important, and should be interesting to see where we are in April."
- The drugs, which have traded as if they are ON drugs, are currently testing their 200-day moving average at DRG 324.
- To match the burrowing rate of the gopher a human would have to dig a tunnel eighteen inches in diameter and seven miles long in a period of ten hours. Critter power!
- Hey Hakim, here's a hint--if you're gonna take a game winning shot, face the basket!
- Breadth is hangin' from 9:5 positive (slightly better in the N's).
- Bill Meehan used to talk my ear off. Man do I miss that.
- Vince McMahon brings back vintage wraslin' memories of Adrian Adonis, Bob Backlund and Jimmy "Superfly" Snuka.
- Traffic never got the play they deserved.
- The NDX down trendline will come back into play at 1460-70ish.
- I'm grumpy today. I can't decide if it's from the crunched back, a bad night's sleep or the hunger pangs. Either way, Collins best be keeping his head down. (everyone is allowed to be in a bad mood at times!)
position in fnm
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter