Surprisingly, there still seems to be a lot of hope in this market.
- I continue to see size call buying in big cap tech and I continue to view that as bearish (hope).
- If you got whipped this morning, SHAKE IT OFF! Don't let one (or two or three) bad trades ruin your whole day.
- Why do I get the feeling that we're gonna have a big deja vu at S&P 775 and VIX 50 (ala October)?
- Breadth 2:1 negative.
- The escargot at Raoul's is my favorite appetizer in the city--but you've got to order it with hot bread and butter.
- DAX down 5%, FTSE down 5%, CAC down 4%, Amsterdam down 4%--keep these moves in mind IF (when) we break OUR October lows.
- I've been craving a lot of cheese lately, I feel like a big mouse. I wonder if that's some sorta allergy or something?
- Selling (covering) to soon is better than selling (covering) too late.
- March Madness baby! The best sporting event in the world!
- The macros are standing there defending the Nazz. They're either going to be right--or very wrong.
- If you think it's too late to short but too early to buy--why trade?
- We're getting a lot of excellent feedback on our Minyanville merchandise. If you haven't taken a stroll through town, feel free! I mean, even Shrubby wore a faded blue athletic department tee to the gym yesterday!
- I love what I do--but it's stressful as hell sometimes.
- QQV (QQQ volatility measure) is down. That's not bullish.
- I'm rolling my bear costume stop down to S&P 800, which is roughly where it was initiated. This enables me to play the downside while limiting my risk to a flat trade.
- I always thought Sabrina was the sexiest of Charlie's Angels.
- If you're gonna try and catch a falling knife, make sure you've got a limit on how many fingers you're willing to lose.
- I am trying hard not to look too far ahead, but this is beginning to feel like the necessary precursor we've been discussing.
- I am gonna cut this post here so I can get it to you in a timely fashion...I'll be back.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter