Good luck Minyans!
- Chip Shtick! For all you Intel (INTC) players--and there are alotta ya--please note the upside gap (from last July). It'll "fill" at $26 and Boo is standing there lickin' his chops.
- A toilet tax?
- S&P 1210-1215 is the initial resistance for Hoofy and Snapper. S&P 1195-1200 is support.
- Insider sellin' at NVIDIA (NVDA). So ya know...
- The metals continue to act spiffy. We eyed gold $4328 and silver $7 a few weeks ago and they remain the foothold underneath.
- Follow-up on the Mo Rivera rumors.
- We saw a LOT of selling/shorting in the energy space yesterday. While there is certainly room on the downside (in the context of a longer-term secular uptrend), funds will likely defend the group into quarter-end.
- McChicken Chow Mein?
- Red SOX on a "good" Intel (INTC)? Good (not great) news is bearish in an extended tape (sector) while bad news (not horrid) is bullish in an oversold tape (sector). SOX 420 remains 'the' line in the sand. As an aside, why are mainstream media outlets still reporting that Intel (INTC) is leading a chip rally this morning?
- Hey Fish--what's the official launch for Minyanvision? I know that Macke is ready, particularly after he and Minyan Dylan Ratigan wrap up Bullseye tonight!
- The short-term S&P chart looks to be working on the right shoulder of some dicey dandruff.
- Pluto? Uranus!
- Kelly Leak? He's a bad motha!
- Breadth flipped the Red Dye switch although the bunk bonds (-22/32) are skewing the pooh.
- Yeah, Minyanvision is in the works. Every morning, Fokker is gonna run up to Hoofy and Boo screaming, "look guys, ze plen, ze plen!"
- Digitimes talkin' bad MOBO's.
- Byron Hadley!
- According to Geostrategy-direct.com: U.S. military commanders are warning Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfeld that tensions between Iran and the United States are heading toward a breaking point and that there could be a major clash between the two militaries. The commanders said U.S. and Iranian troops are becoming closer along the Iranian-Iraqi border and that U.S. aircraft have been moving in and out of Iran while Teheran seeks to bolster its air defense forces. Some commanders are urging the Pentagon to prepare for the prospect of a brief but intense war with Iran.
- The CBOE Put/Call ratio (all products) was 0.97 on Wednesday and 1.01 yesterday. The Index Put/Call ratio was 1.97 on Wednesday and 2.18 yesterday.
- Bring on the Huskies!
- If you're not reading the Iron Horse, you're not seeing the full picture.
- Where would the Minx have to be before the VXO gets back into the 20's?
- Please see the action in the rate sensitive issues (particularly the BKX and XBD).
- Speaking of Duke & Duke, lotsa brokers report next week. They won't respond to what was, they'll trade as a function of what will be.
- I'm off like a prom dress at high noon so fare ye well and have a peaceful weekend. There are some "excellent" things happening in the 'Ville and you'll watch 'em unfold right alongside me. Trade smart, follow your tells and-above all else-think positive. It all starts within!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter