I just gotta put S&P 1125 behind me!
- When NASA first started sending up astronauts, they quickly discovered that ball-point pens would not work in zero gravity. To combat this problem, NASA scientists spent a decade and $12 billion developing a pen that writes in zero gravity, upside down, on almost any surface and at temperatures from below freezing to over 300 C. The Russians opted for another alternative--the pencil.
- And you wonder why we have such a deficit?
- Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) drifting right back towards....anyone?.....anyone?.....$75.
- "It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads and I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State." (Fletch)
- The homies are tryin' to bounce back from yesterday's nastola reversal.
- Breadth has reverted to a more balanced posture.
- Minyan Quiz--what comes first, the PPI or the Lappy engagement.
- Minyanville will NEVER send you attachments! There's a lot of viruses going around and there's nothing worse than an infected Minyan. Symantec or McAfee offers simple solutions so, if you wanna wear protection, you can never be too careful.
- Cheryl Carrington, Minyan and potential Professor-to-be, is weighing a job opportunity in the San Francisco. She'll be traveling out there from March 16-March 20 and would like to get a good feel on the social scene and "goings on." If you're a bay area Minyan and would be kind enough to show Cheryl the ropes, give me a ping and I'll pass along your info. And thank you kindly, my friends--this is what Minyanville is all about!
- That hockey cheap shotter (Bertuzzi) should be in a penalty box with bars.
- Oracle (ORCL:NASD) reports tonight. It's also a stochastically crossing tech (yes, I made that term up) but the 200-day rests directly above at $12.73.
- We're still having email issues. It's very frustrating!
- "Yes sir, I would like you to know that you have a wh-ore living in 2R. Rossi, Janice Rossi." (Goodfellas)
- After a weekend to ruminate, fund managers started factoring in the "what if" on the other side of the new "productivity paradigm." And don't kid yourself, they're still noodlin' it around.
- Oil shock? Shocker!
- I went to Rosa Mexicana last night for the "last supper." Naturally!
- "Are you calling from a cell phone? Prank call! Prank call!"
- Intel (INTC:NASD), despite today's mini-bounce, is down 13% this year.
- Collins ordered me a fattening breakfast this morning. If he does that again, the gratis food policy at Minyanville will officially end.
- Europe is still heavier than I am.
- The metals (and metal stocks) are flattish today. I sure hope Laurie is enjoying his dingofest.
- Do I believe this bounce? What's your time frame?
- Don't worry, I have a hard time following Scotto's intricate analysis sometimes too. That's alright, though--you always wanna play tennis with someone who's better than you.
- The Minyanville Ambassador program is rarin' to go and if all goes well, will be in motion as early as this weekend! Wanna earn while ya learn on your own terms and in your spare time? Email Collins for information and the opportunity to join the Minyan family!
- S&P 1125.
- Now I know why people become cannibals.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter