This aint so bad!
- Was I too quick to toss the bull costume back in the closet? Maybe, but I've always had a premature evacuation problem on the long side--it's likely a function of my big picture concerns.
- IF the market can garner some jig, S&P 820 and 830 will serve as resistance zones.
- My comment yesterday regarding my hatred of hunting was geared towards the "sport." I understand that there are people out there who hunt for food and to support their family. I'm not a hypocritical vegetarian--I just don't think putting Rudolph in the crosshairs is my idea of fun.
- Are you bullish...I mean bearish...I mean bullish...I mean bearish? Take a step back and reset your bearings before you get whipped.
- BBC is reporting that an agreement regarding compensation for relatives of those killed in the 1988 Lockerbie bombing is near. There were a lot of Syracuse students on Pan Am flight 103 including my fraternity brother Alex Lowenstein. What's taken so long?
- The banks, while off their worst levels, continue to weigh on the collective psychology.
- A buyer of SPY walked into the pit and "took" a million--and the tape barely budged (indicative of supply in the street).
- Robert Hunter live at the town hall theater a week from tonight. Psyched! He played an acoustic Box of Rain at the Dead show a few months back and it gave me goose bumps.
- If we're gonna play tactically and trade tighter, we WILL miss moves at times. The ability to remove performance anxiety from the process is a critical element of success.
- I saw the layout for the University of Minyanville last night and to say that I'm excited would be a gross understatement. Casey, Tony and I are working diligently to get this product launched as soon as possible. As soon as she gives me the nod, I'll gladly announce the lineup of visiting professors.
- It takes a lot of effort to make a little money and little effort to lose a lot of money. That's why you can never let your guard down.
- I continue to believe that the ability of the U.N and the U.S to get on the same page is the single biggest issue from a market perspective.
- The dollar starting to slip a bit.
- 10% of all proceeds from Harrison's Department Store will be donated by Minyanville to The Ruby Foundation for Children's Education.
- It was the Dukes, it was the Dukes!
- Note the intraday trendline forming in the BKX.
- If the economy is dependent on the consumer, the economy has some serious issues.
- One of the hardest things to do, when trading, is to maintain a level of intensity while doing less.
- One of my biggest faults---and I have many--is that I'm too hard on myself.
- I feel closer to my grandfather than I ever did while he was alive--and I was VERY close to him then.
- Until proven otherwise, the burden of proof is on the bulls.
- Is S&P 725 too bearish of a level for the bullish phase to begin?
- If you're at a big firm and you think Minyanville adds value, please send out an email blast telling your colleagues about our site. I would consider it a huge favor and it would help us out tremendously.
- I'm getting close to needing one of my annual Arizona retreats for some spiritual refocusing.
- The Lehman Global Services Conference, Deutsche Bank Info Tech Fete and Solly Industrial show continue today and I've heard nada, zilch, zippo from them.
- On a scale of one to ten, how happy are you? What will it take to raise the bar? (If you say money, I'm gonna flog you).
- Were the issues discussed in this morning's opening piece sobering? Yes--but ignoring them won't make it go away.
- MJ looked pretty good for an old man in Sunday's Garden finale.
- Will I look to reshort FNM at a point? Yes--but I'm wondering how crowded the short side is after yesterday's dive from the Poole.
- If we ever found the preverbal table we keep leaving money on, we'd be rich!
- Adapt your style to the market.
- Next to the critter's own brand, rainbow cookies are my all-time fave.
- When you don't want to take a vacation, chances are that's when you need it most.
- I still think the brokers will all be teenagers by the time the grizzly is done.
- When will the carnage in the airlines (transports) really start to matter.
- Ho-hum, another day, another 2% clippage in the German DAX. Wow.
- Please remember to RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org for the NYC March Madness Minyanfest on the 23rd. We'll announce the location later this week but know that it'll be a sports bar/pool hall in the city. And remember, please, there will be no market talk--it's on a Sunday--this is simply a forum to chill, have a brew, drink some wings and watch some hoops.
- Is Carmelo Anthony better than LeBron James?
- Yes, I think the N's over S's disparity will regress.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter