By Todd Harrison Mar 11, 2003 1:32 pm
This aint so bad!
- Was I too quick to toss the bull costume back in the closet? Maybe, but I've always had a premature evacuation problem on the long side--it's likely a function of my big picture concerns.
- IF the market can garner some jig, S&P 820 and 830 will serve as resistance zones.
- My comment yesterday regarding my hatred of hunting was geared towards the "sport." I understand that there are people out there who hunt for food and to support their family. I'm not a hypocritical vegetarian--I just don't think putting Rudolph in the crosshairs is my idea of fun.
- Are you bullish...I mean bearish...I mean bullish...I mean bearish? Take a step back and reset your bearings before you get whipped.
- BBC is reporting that an agreement regarding compensation for relatives of those killed in the 1988 Lockerbie bombing is near. There were a lot of Syracuse students on Pan Am flight 103 including my fraternity brother Alex Lowenstein. What's taken so long?
- The banks, while off their worst levels, continue to weigh on the collective psychology.
- A buyer of SPY walked into the pit and "took" a million--and the tape barely budged (indicative of supply in the street).
- Robert Hunter live at the town hall theater a week from tonight. Psyched! He played an acoustic Box of Rain at the Dead show a few months back and it gave me goose bumps.
- If we're gonna play tactically and trade tighter, we WILL miss moves at times. The ability to remove performance anxiety from the process is a critical element of success.
- I saw the layout for the University of Minyanville last night and to say that I'm excited would be a gross understatement. Casey, Tony and I are working diligently to get this product launched as soon as possible. As soon as she gives me the nod, I'll gladly announce the lineup of visiting professors.
- It takes a lot of effort to make a little money and little effort to lose a lot of money. That's why you can never let your guard down.
- I continue to believe that the ability of the U.N and the U.S to get on the same page is the single biggest issue from a market perspective.
- The dollar starting to slip a bit.
- 10% of all proceeds from Harrison's Department Store will be donated by Minyanville to The Ruby Foundation for Children's Education.
- It was the Dukes, it was the Dukes!
- Note the intraday trendline forming in the BKX.
- If the economy is dependent on the consumer, the economy has some serious issues.
- One of the hardest things to do, when trading, is to maintain a level of intensity while doing less.
- One of my biggest faults---and I have many--is that I'm too hard on myself.
- I feel closer to my grandfather than I ever did while he was alive--and I was VERY close to him then.
- Until proven otherwise, the burden of proof is on the bulls.
- Is S&P 725 too bearish of a level for the bullish phase to begin?
- If you're at a big firm and you think Minyanville adds value, please send out an email blast telling your colleagues about our site. I would consider it a huge favor and it would help us out tremendously.
- I'm getting close to needing one of my annual Arizona retreats for some spiritual refocusing.
- The Lehman Global Services Conference, Deutsche Bank Info Tech Fete and Solly Industrial show continue today and I've heard nada, zilch, zippo from them.
- On a scale of one to ten, how happy are you? What will it take to raise the bar? (If you say money, I'm gonna flog you).
- Were the issues discussed in this morning's opening piece sobering? Yes--but ignoring them won't make it go away.
- MJ looked pretty good for an old man in Sunday's Garden finale.
- Will I look to reshort FNM at a point? Yes--but I'm wondering how crowded the short side is after yesterday's dive from the Poole.
- If we ever found the preverbal table we keep leaving money on, we'd be rich!
- Adapt your style to the market.
- Next to the critter's own brand, rainbow cookies are my all-time fave.
- When you don't want to take a vacation, chances are that's when you need it most.
- I still think the brokers will all be teenagers by the time the grizzly is done.
- When will the carnage in the airlines (transports) really start to matter.
- Ho-hum, another day, another 2% clippage in the German DAX. Wow.
- Please remember to RSVP to email@example.com for the NYC March Madness Minyanfest on the 23rd. We'll announce the location later this week but know that it'll be a sports bar/pool hall in the city. And remember, please, there will be no market talk--it's on a Sunday--this is simply a forum to chill, have a brew, drink some wings and watch some hoops.
- Is Carmelo Anthony better than LeBron James?
- Yes, I think the N's over S's disparity will regress.
position in spy
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter