By Todd Harrison Mar 10, 2004 11:55 am
Breathe, Toddo, breathe.
- If Peek Freens are a very serious cookie, what's a silly cookie?
- Hmm....Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) smoke emerges as the head of JP Morgan (JPM:NYSE) credit derivatives steps down. Somebody please tell me if I'm dipping into John Nash territory!
- "It is not the critic who counts, not the man who points out how the strong man stumbles or where the doer of deeds could have done them better. The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena, whose face is marred by dust and sweat and blood, who strives valiantly, who errs and comes up short again and again. Because there is no effort without error and shortcomings, who knows the great devotion, who spends himself in a worthy cause, who at the best knows in the end the high achievement of triumph and who at worst, if he fails while daring greatly, knows his place shall never be with those timid and cold souls who know neither victory nor defeat". - President Theodore Roosevelt
- Yes, on this morning's opening missive I wrote " And enjoy the Hump, my friends, as you'll never have another March 10, 2003 in your entire lives." Holy Daisy, it's been a long few weeks! Forget about burning the candle at both ends, just toss the whole ball of wax in the fire!
- Emma come home!
- I've had a few good ideas in my time (and plenty of bad ones) but this Minyan Ambassador program may be among the top five. Why? It's benevolent...it helps the critters...and, most importantly, it paves the way to put some shekels in the pockets of ye faithful. I schvitz you not--there is an opportunity here for you to make some serious coin while climbing aboard the critter train. Mr. Collins has the details and we'll likely get this party started as early as next week!
- Since Professor McGuirk is chasing dingos for a week, I figured we all needed a little gold fix. Further, "Tickles" will be posting some heavy metal to the News & Views later this afternoon.
- A googol is the number one followed by a hundred zeros
- I have been having some serious computer issues. OK, I have some serious issues in general! Still, please know that we're not getting emails regularly and if, by chance, I disappear, it's not a function of a Fokker mutiny. (It also may be why some of you can't get through to customer service. If there's one thing we value here in the 'Ville, it's our readers--so know that we're on it like white on mice!)
- Is that a pledge pin on your uniform, Mr. Gates?
- "It's not a question of enough, pal. It's a zero sum game, somebody wins, somebody loses. Money itself isn't lost or made, it's simply transferred from one perception to another. " (GG)
- A little love from Snoop Tone: "In a follow up to Monday's report on 2nd year equity market recoveries we found that 6 of 8 prior 2nd year bounces began with a meaningful Q1 correction. This suggests more corrective action in SPX followed by even more significant upside as outlined in prior note."
- Brian views the phantom PPI situation as a big, fat non-event and thinks that the prices paid component of the ISM has given bond investors a good idea of how big the rise will be.
- Wanna connect with your fellow Minyans and create a global critter network? We're working on it and it's gonna rock and roll! Sprechen Sie Deutsches?
- Lilly Bean!
- The VXO (volatility index) is up 20% since Friday's low but remains near eight year lows. VXO 18 is a level that it has struggled at repeatedly in 2004 so keep that on your trading radar as we trudge ahead.
- Team Minyan will be travlin' to the left coast March 23-26 for some serious sit downs. Just givin' ye faithful a heads up as my commentary will be spotty at best. And yes, this is all business...although I will certainly admit that I'm jonsin' for a vacation. . Daisy needs a tan!
- I thinks I gots two tickets to the Big East semi-finals Friday night at MSG. There are few things better than taking in some hoops with my college roommate (and best pal) Fish.
- Having a tough day? Keep it in perspective--it could be a LOT worse.
- Chatter is around that they found WMD in Iraq. Not confirmed but its all over the trading wires.
- I have a great trivia question---but my darn email is acting up!
- Consumers....vs. cyclicals.
- Speaking of which, General Electric (GE:NYSE) is a pretty huge market tell. Remember, four beans of supply were priced at $31.83.
- Get in your mouse and drive away.
- What ever happened to the Spin Doctors?
- Peek Freen? Freak Peen!
- Fannie Mae up on the day. Please remove all sharp objects from my immediate reach.
- I bite my tongue plenty. Trust me. :-x
- Tom McManus and I worked on the Morgan Stanley derivative desk together in '91. Nice guy.
- There is no truth to the rumor that I am going to make Fokker dress up like a leprechan on St. Patty's Day and make him walk around shouting "WHERE ARE ME LUCKY CHARMS"
position in fnm
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter