Twisted all around? Sit it out and await your edge.
- Did Dr. Atkins ever have a bigger fish to fry?
- A ruckus in Caracas?
- The internets don't act particularly jiggy today.
- If you constantly beat yourself up for not being long enough (after a rally) or short enough (after a decline), you're wasting a lot of valuable energy.
- There is enough salt in all the oceans to cover all the land on Earth to a depth of 500 feet.
- Does Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE) $75 matter? Look at the first bounce and you tell me.
- At the height of inflation in Germany in the early 1920s, one British pound was equal to 4 quintillion German marks.
- It's hard to get bearish when the NYSE breadth is so firm.
- Sheryl Crow's two front teeth are fake - she had them knocked out when she tripped on the stage earlier in her career.
- Congrats to Minyan Tom (no relation to Roy) McEvoy on the birth of Mini-Minyan Alyssa Marie.
- The ripcord levels for technical types are S&P 1125 and NDX 1450.
- Saudi oil analysis from the Center for Strategic and International Studies (CSIS).
- Anyone who knows Kenny Swain should IM him right now!
- Do skunks get any action?
- The Cyclicals are edging back to CYC 700.
- Either my phones are down or the flow in the Street is very quiet.
- The homies continue their jig on the heels of last week's breakout.
- Collins aka Greg deux aka G-lo aka Gilgi aka Gre is easing into his role beneath Fokker. As soon as he's comfy, I'll initiate him Minyan style!
- There are still lotsa buy stops at S&P 1165. That's Hoofy's rally cry.
- I guess I have to go see Lord of the Rings now...all 17 hours of it!
- The new server is ten times faster than it was last week.
- I quiver when I hear a teletubbie urge investors to buy SPY to diversify.
- It wasn't that long ago that Cisco (CSCO:NASD) was pushin' 30 and all was splendid in the telecom space.
- Professor McGuirk regrets to inform us (via carrier pigeon) that his systems "blew up" over the weekend and it's looking like he'll be scramblin' through Wednesday to get back on track.
- Sorry, can't hear you. The volume is extremely light today.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter