By Todd Harrison Feb 08, 2005 12:05 pm
- Did you know that the average person eats eight spiders in their lifetime? The average trader eats many more during an average session on Wall Street.
- Don't hate the player, hate the game.
- The BKX is flat and isn't participating in this leg of the lift. Pure rotation or potentially problematic?
- The next time we're choosing up kickball teams, you can have this guy.
- Are entertainment software (video game) stocks the media plays of tomorrow? Sumner Redstone thinks so..
- Oh my, O.C!
- One of my more astute contacts offered that alligators are in motion (into bonds, out of stocks) but it's not making a dent (yet) with the newfound institutional demand (and hedgie piggybacking).
- Mini-Minyan Mailbag: "Toddo: Is it possible that keying off Cisco's numbers and conf. call is an outdated bit of muscle memory from the bubble/bust years? The stock's now only 3-point-something percent of the NDX - barely more than NXTL or AMGN - and it has hardly proven bellwether status recently. Consider the action in the last four post-CSCO earnings sessions. Cisco one-day move: -13.4% -10.6% -1.3% -8.8% vs. NDX's one-day move: -0.6% -1.6% -0.5% -2%. Sure, the directions have coincided, but the magnitude of the NDX move relative to CSCO's move has dropped. Unscientific, but I think it's enough to say it just ain't that important a stock any more. Thanks, Minyan Michael Santoli"
- Phoebe, head in hand, sadly unpacked her bags last night.
- Breadth still isn't giving Hoofy the green light.
- The NDX will fill the upside gap at NDX 1545 (high tick today was 1542--close enough in my book). Remember what happened last Thursday when we filled it the other way (at NDX 1500)?
- Ninety million people survive on less than $75 a year and one fourth of the world's population lives on less than $200 a year.
- Switch Flippage! Please note that the dollar has reversed lower and that has led to the attendant bounce in the metals (and metal equities).
- Desert Storm? People are so thirsty, in the absence of water they'll drink the sand.
- The wingspan of a Boeing 747 is longer than the Wright brother's first flight.
- Poor Petie!
- Size matters!
- The Dean of LeBarons!
- It costs more to buy a new car today in the U.S. than it cost Christopher Columbus to take three voyages to and from the New World.
- The Boston University Bridge (on Commonwealth Ave, Boston) is the only place in the world where a boat can sail under a train driving under a car driving under an airplane.
- A "soft target" for MIM2:Return to the Butte has been set for (Collins won't let me share--feel free to ping him with abuse).
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter