If one more person says I look like Michael Jackson, there's gonna be some MAD COW DISEASE!
- Is Michael Jackson fit to be a father? That's not for me to decide. Would I let him around my niece and nephew? Not on a bet!
- The N's have been outperforming the S's of late. A smart guy I know is looking for a regression to the mean.
- The internals don't support a Snapper.
- When possums are playing 'possum', they are not 'playing'. They actually pass out from sheer terror.
- If you haven't read Tony's piece yesterday, I highly recommend it. If you already have, I'd read it again--I did.
- When the Statue of Liberty was overhauled over 600 pounds of gum were removed.
- This is a great trading tape if you're seeing the ball. This is your worst nightmare if you're a half a step slow.
- The biotechs are showing signs of dryness (they don't go down with a heavy tape). Why? They're SO oversold.
- Tigers have striped skin, not just striped fur.
- Were my comments regarding terrorist cells in this morning's opening piece "chicken little?" I hope so with every ounce of my soul.
- Why won't the VIX spike? When you see it up 5, wake me up.
- A reader suggested that the lack of volume and absence of buyers infers apathy. I humbly disagree. As long as there's love OR hate, there's still emotion in the market.
- When the financials FINALLY rally and there's fresh hope in the group, I'm gonna look to get more aggressive on the short side. The most vulnerable in my (humble) opinion? GS and FNM.
- Tommy Carden just called me a sissy for not playing a snapper. I'd rather be a disciplined sissy than a reckless bigshot. (That's not a shot Tommy--I love ya).
- If you're bearish, you can play short using an S&P 840ish stop. If you're bullish, you can play long using an NDX 960 stop.
- If you can identify the "easy" trade each day (and trade tactically) and then maintain the discipline to do less, you can grind out a decent living in this market.
- Almonds are a member of the peach family
- I miss the little things about my grandfather--his cologne, holding his hand, the way he laughed, the sound his "old school" bracelet made when it jingled and, most of all, the way he looked at my grandmother.
- I've got another investor lunch meeting today...so you know and if you care (my posts may lag).
- Cameron Crowe is living proof that you can reach superstardom and maintain humility and perspective.
- The intra-day stochastics haven't given a sell signal all day (yet)...and this latest (light volume) lift is locals covering their shorts.
- Are you affiliated with a leaning or financial institution, please help us spread the Minyan word. If every college student told their investment club and every trader/broker flashed their firm, I'd consider it a personal favor!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter