By Todd Harrison Feb 05, 2004 11:50 am
Granted I'm a bull but I think the trade is higher INTO tomorrow's number.
- Lee Harvey didn't act alone. Neither did Janet.
- Kevin "tickle me" Tuttle, author of the famous Morning Cup of Jo, will be one of the new technical professors coming soon to the house of 'Ville. Wasabi!
- Breadth has gotten flattish. Respect, Mon.
- Weigh the rotation theme vs. the fact that the financials have been the rock of Gibraltar for the Minx.
- Panama Red!
- Maxim Integrated (MXIM:NASD) reports tonight and will color tomorrow's SOX.
- I can't stop singing "Knock three times on the ceiling if you want me."
- To clarify (and sorry if ambiguous), my sense that the tape would get hit on a Kerry/Edwards ticket isn't because it's a bad "fit." It's because it would likely pose the greatest threat to Dubya (read: conventional wisdom) and the market has seemingly priced in/fully expects a Republican win. Also, while we're on the subject, the specter of mud slinging--be it WMD, jobs, foreign policy--will get loud and louder into November. Why might that matter? Because we're in the throws of a psychology bubble and any pricks could punk the parade.
- We are thinking of auctioning off a date with Fokker for Valentine's Day with all proceeds going to the Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education. While he WON'T dress up like Little Bo Peep, he promises to do whatever he can to make the date memorable. Minyan thoughts?
- The retailers still trade like a they're crowded on the short side. Gold still trades like it's crowded the other way.
- Europe is now down marginally across the board.
- Just once, I'd like to watch Beeks announce an economic report while sitting in the Heritage Club.
- The Big East could be the toughest conference out there.
- Is Sammy Snapper's alter ego?
- You know what the tape is telling you right now? Nothing...yet.
- Fleck and I have officially started swappin'. He'll be offering up his Rap every Wednesday on the 'Ville (as well as potential Buzz & Banter contributions) and he'll be featuring the "Best of Minyanville" on his site. Noice.
- Put....the candle....back!
- There are trades for the day, trades for a catalyst and trades for a thesis. One should never rationalize into another.
- Hey Dow theorists, take a look at a chart of the transports.
- Congratulations Lappy....finally! Warm wishes for many, many happy returns!
- How many of you actually tried the maple syrup and balsamic vinegar salad dressing. I'm tellin' ya...
- Internets trade dry.
- Our goal in Minyanville is to educate you. That means sharing both the good times and bad.
- My eyes keep floating over to Citigroup (C:NYSE).
- Overlaughers are almost as bad as loud chewers.
- I'm "hearing" that the floor guys are seeing more short orders right now than they have in months. That's a bullish input.
- Is Hoofy sniffin' Elmer's Glue?
- Succo and I have to postpone our weekly gaggle as he's still feelin' under the weather.
- There's a conspiracy theory floating around that a well known hedge fund manager is gonna try and orchestrate a market crash in front of the election to harm Dubya's re-election efforts. I love a good conspiracy theory as much as (or more than) the next guy but nobody is bigger than the market.
- How many of you now have "Knock three times on the ceiling if you want me" in your head?
- Professor Reynolds is joining us for lunch today. Fokker is ordering his Mini-me to secure the print.
- The homies have found some footing.
- Was that the probe? Possibly...watch the SOX.
- Tree hugger!
- Do you trade every day even if you're not mandated to do so?
- I would say strong...to quite strong.
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter