"You never write about Collins mentioning ME"
* 6 hours in and not one expletive has been lobbed towards my new Apple (AAPL) PowerBook. I'm not sipping the Kneel-Before-Jobs Kool-Aid. I just felt that beating the all-time Macke IT record by 5 hours and 45 minutes (and counting) deserved note.
* I'm lining up Motrin in anticipation of the headache I'm going to have when "The Best Week for the Market All Year!" starts getting attributed to the Iraqi elections. Chant after me: "M n A... M n A".
* Thanks for the plug, Collins but I can no longer promise "The Most Riveting Bullseye Ever!". I made the mistake of running my ideas past the producers. It turns out the show could only have been aired in Adelphia cable markets.
* Here's something unpleasant I'll have packed in my overhead bin during yet another flight to NYC this weekend. Has anyone anywhere felt "normal" (read: pre-9/11) getting on a plane yet? Me neither. Small price to pay to attend the Minyan Super Bowl fest but still...
* Regarding TiVO (TIVO) CEO Mike Ramsay's USA Today interview... I can't do much better on the recap than the aforelinked Mr. Swann. The situation has gotten almost embarrassing to me... I have no idea what the BOD's larger strategy is but, as a shareholder, I can't say that I'm feeling particularly "represented" in regards to our "shared interest" in not having the company collapse on itself while hunting for a new CEO.
* The retailers (RTH) have behaved a'ight since announcing numbers that we're generally not-so-bad, with some exceptions. And, yeah, we're working on the way one gets to the Retail Roundup... not to mention the round-up itself. "Life is a journey".
* Collins had spent much of the last 24 hours crafting an ice-sculpture of CNBC's Maya Kulycky to be on display at the Super Bowl party. No need to change it now that she's RSVP'ed her regrets; the sculpture is melting under the heat of his tears.
* Hewlett Packard (HPQ) reports on February 16th. I'm putting together something of a preview column. For whatever it may be worth, and by way of warning, I've gotten over feeling sheepish piling on the company.
* Boy, some of the Blue-Staters got their lather up with yesterday's Lincoln triva. I didn't create the parallel (or the history) Minyans, just reported on what existed right there in the nature of things.
* I'm off to a "meeting" being held very near (actually, on) a local driving range, easing my way into travel filled weekend. It's either that or start chasing ERTS... have I mentioned that I should be long that? If not... I really should have made monster bank on ERTS.... I mean... It was RIGHT THERE...
(Sorry... just getting my Marin-boy self back into shape for more... "energetic" Manhattan)
Have a happy, safe weekend, folks. I look forward to seeing some of you at the party!
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter