More Random Thoughts!
The NYSE internals have been on fire wire-to-wire
- Phoenix rising!
- We've seen a spate of index put buying today. That is bullish on the margin.
- NDX breadth slowly abating while the old school is sticky green. See the gap above NDX 1535.
- The Texas two-step!
- These homies (HGX +3.5%) are administering an equity enema to Boo's crew.
- The fixed income feeding frenzy continues on the heels of Beeks' tweak.
- Oh baby!
- When Hoofy is on a diet, does he drink skim milk?
- RIP Dean Wormer.
- Note the dollar as it trades to session highs (DXY 84.40).
- Gold Opera.
- Boiler rooms with a view.
- Mini-Minyan Mailbag: "A slick way to outfigure a person is to get him figuring you figure he's figuring you're figuring he'll figure you aren't really figuring what you want him to figure you figure." --"Whitey" Herzog. Toddo, this may be outfiguring the people outfiguring but if the jobs number adjusted for the birth/date rate is closer to 400,000, wouldn't that mean the fed should raise rates NOT keep them the same? Minyan Sean Michael Mueller."
- Is John Thain looking at the same tape we are?
- While gold continues to hold the 200-day (for now), the action in the dollar--and the continued lethargy in the metals--may be signaling that the reflation effort is faltering. Keep that in the back of your mind if you're playing for a breakout through S&P 1196.
- Weekends with Bernie.
- I'm officially in fume mode but there will be no Friday night face plant for yours truly. My brother Adam is up from Baltimore and, as he's never experienced Rosa Mexicana, I must act as a pommegranite ambassador. It's only right.
- The content proposition has been a bit lax of late as I try to fit four jobs into one day. That'll abate in a week or so and I'll be back to my old self (with only three jobs).
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter