Quick and Dirty Blurbage
Let the games begin!
- Beeks Alert! Factory orders (exp. .2%) and the I to the ISM non-manufacturing survey (exp. 60) will hit the tape at 10:00am.
- Please take the time to read the "Wall Street High Life" article on the front page of today's Wall Street Journal. Deja Boo.
- The VXO volatility (fear) index has struggled repeatedly at 18 (currently 17.06). If it breaches that level, we may get ourselves a flurry in a hurry.
- Watch the dollar in front of this weekend's G7 meeting.
- Bill Maher is starting to grow on me.
- We've seen instances throughout this past year when blue chip bellwethers cracked and the tape brushed it off. Alotta folks will be watching the broader averages today for signs of the same.
- The financials remain the single most important sector. They're the horse to the minxy cart.
- Brian's analysis of the corporate bond market is massively value added.
- Volume dropped on the NYSE for the third consecutive session yesterday.
- Watch SOX 500 for potential turtles.
- While NDX 1450 (cash) is strong support, please know that the Nazz futures will break the December uptrend below 1486.
- Major resistance (support) areas are typically tested multiple times before either breaking through or failing. That would argue for a retry of S&P 1150.
- We're beta testing Buzz & Banter and I gotta tell ya--it's gonna turn the 'Ville on its ear!
- Hump Day Sashimifest. Shoes off!
- If you're cossing toins, take a step back and await a discernable edge.
- The London FTSE is now flat.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter