By Todd Harrison Feb 28, 2003 12:28 pm
3 1/2 hours left in the charity auction! This is so exciting!
- I always like to get up at least once during the day, turn around, and look at the other side of my trade. In other words, I just hypothesized how I would feel if I was dancing with Hoofy. It sometimes helps me with perspective in regard to my risk.
- Our cable just went down--now it's really quiet!
- The German DAX rallied right back to the breakdown level.
- Humans are the only primates that don't have pigment in the palms of their hands. Neil and I are the only humans without pigment on the other sides either!
- We're seeing a lot of put sellers today.
- E to the ISM, D to the drizzam! Big ISM release Monday morning (exp. 52, prices paid 60.3).
- Don't forget to stick around after the close for the announcement of the charity auction winner! Something tells me that there's some serious strategizing right now!
- King Geoffrey from Zamunda (or Idaho, anyway) is current high bid at $15,500!
- Breadth in the S&P still 2:1 positive. The longer we sit here with the breadth this snazzy, the better the chances for a lift into the close.
- NDX 200-day is at 1010.
- Somebody just told me that Donald Rumsfeld has said "Going to war without France is like going deer hunting without your accordion." I don't know if he actually said that, but if he did--that's funny!
- Happy birthday to my favorite political Minyan Primo!
- Please take the time and email the CBOE and urge them to list options on SPY!
- Ben Franklin developed the word "NEWS" --short for "North East West South." His first newspaper had a globe with the "N" at the top of the globe.
- Are we rallying because investors think Dubya's gonna blink?
- Flava Flave, Scott LeRock, EPMD. Old School baby!
- If you don't believe in technical analysis, look at BKX 800 and BKX 725.
- SOX 295ish is a big level.
- GE, C, WMT, MSFT are my single stock tells.
- On this day in 1991, U.S and allied forces granted Iraq a cease fire. This is also Bugsy Siegel's birthday.
- Is there a chance that a "structural" allocation trumps our historical metrics? In the short term, yes.
- The intraday stochastics are getting oversold for the first time today.
- 10% of all proceeds from Harrison's Department Store are donated to The Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education.
- I think it's important to walk through bad trades when they occur--that's what differentiates lessons from mistakes.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter