By Todd Harrison Feb 27, 2003 12:28 pm
Hey Tony--got milk?
- There's chatter going around that the Raiders are shopping Charles Woodson for a first round draft pick. My thoughts? Good Riddance--he lost my respect at the SuperBowl and I don't need him on my Raiders.
- The breadth in the NYSE continues to hang tough.
- The NVLS mid-quarter update after the close will color the semis tomorrow.
- The retailers continue to act heavy.
- Debka.com reports that Al Qaeda published new threat over affiliated Web site to carry out big terror attack in the United States in ten days' time. This is a pretty right wing site but it's getting around the trading wires and I thought you should know.
- Eskimos use refrigerators to keep food FROM freezing?
- $1,000,000 in $1 bills would weigh approximately one ton.
- If back to back Snappers are rare, is it safe to assume that back to back bull traps are rare?
- That was a decent stochastic sell signal in the OSX yesterday.
- In 1964, a jury awarded $50,000 to a woman who claimed a cable car accident in San Francisco had made her into a nymphomaniac. I wonder if her lawyer worked on a contingency?
- Remember J.R Richard?
- Yes, my S&P plays are out to April
- In counter-trend rallies, the best longs are the most crowded shorts.
- In all seriousness--Fokker's a good kid. But don't tell him I said so.
- We've got a new bidder kicking the tires on the charity auction. Stay tuned!
- My buddy Warren Bachman just pinged me that he'll donate 25% of the winning bid to the Ruby Foundation and Jacob's Cure. You da man!
- VIX up marginally on meltage, down 2 on rally. Is that a function of the sidelined players or an ominous sign?
- Does this market act fantastic--or is it a disaster waiting to happen?
- The hedge fund hot potato continues.
- When people run around and around in circles we say they are 'crazy'. When planets do it we say they are 'orbiting.'
- Tony Dwyer epitomizes everything that's right in this business and all of the things I look for in a friend.
- I always preferred Fudgie the Whale to Cookiepuss.
- University of Minyanville final schedule will be presented to the Minyan brass next week. Thank you for your patience--you have my word that it'll be worth the wait. We've also got improvements to the Gazette coming soon!
- My five favorite restaurants in NYC? Raoul's, Rosa Mexicana, Serendipity, Scalinatella and Union Square Cafe.
- Keep an on those GE stochastics (hooking negatively).
- In my 20's, I liked the dapper suit look. In my 30's, I've morphed into the no-shave, tattered jeans, fleece look. I can't even imagine where I'll be when I'm Tony's age. DOH!
position in smh, s&p
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter