Hey Tony--got milk?
- There's chatter going around that the Raiders are shopping Charles Woodson for a first round draft pick. My thoughts? Good Riddance--he lost my respect at the SuperBowl and I don't need him on my Raiders.
- The breadth in the NYSE continues to hang tough.
- The NVLS mid-quarter update after the close will color the semis tomorrow.
- The retailers continue to act heavy.
- Debka.com reports that Al Qaeda published new threat over affiliated Web site to carry out big terror attack in the United States in ten days' time. This is a pretty right wing site but it's getting around the trading wires and I thought you should know.
- Eskimos use refrigerators to keep food FROM freezing?
- $1,000,000 in $1 bills would weigh approximately one ton.
- If back to back Snappers are rare, is it safe to assume that back to back bull traps are rare?
- That was a decent stochastic sell signal in the OSX yesterday.
- In 1964, a jury awarded $50,000 to a woman who claimed a cable car accident in San Francisco had made her into a nymphomaniac. I wonder if her lawyer worked on a contingency?
- Remember J.R Richard?
- Yes, my S&P plays are out to April
- In counter-trend rallies, the best longs are the most crowded shorts.
- In all seriousness--Fokker's a good kid. But don't tell him I said so.
- We've got a new bidder kicking the tires on the charity auction. Stay tuned!
- My buddy Warren Bachman just pinged me that he'll donate 25% of the winning bid to the Ruby Foundation and Jacob's Cure. You da man!
- VIX up marginally on meltage, down 2 on rally. Is that a function of the sidelined players or an ominous sign?
- Does this market act fantastic--or is it a disaster waiting to happen?
- The hedge fund hot potato continues.
- When people run around and around in circles we say they are 'crazy'. When planets do it we say they are 'orbiting.'
- Tony Dwyer epitomizes everything that's right in this business and all of the things I look for in a friend.
- I always preferred Fudgie the Whale to Cookiepuss.
- University of Minyanville final schedule will be presented to the Minyan brass next week. Thank you for your patience--you have my word that it'll be worth the wait. We've also got improvements to the Gazette coming soon!
- My five favorite restaurants in NYC? Raoul's, Rosa Mexicana, Serendipity, Scalinatella and Union Square Cafe.
- Keep an on those GE stochastics (hooking negatively).
- In my 20's, I liked the dapper suit look. In my 30's, I've morphed into the no-shave, tattered jeans, fleece look. I can't even imagine where I'll be when I'm Tony's age. DOH!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter