By Todd Harrison Feb 26, 2004 12:27 pm
My kinda tape!
- Piggy Banks.
- Just in case you missed Fleck's reference to Joanie's article, here it is. Fair warning....it doesn't make you feel too warm and fuzzy on the future.
- "Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't" - Pete Seeger
- Fannie better get her gun.
- Greg Deux's new nickname--for the day, anyway--is kickstand.
- Why do the teletubbies get so offended when somebody brings up the bear case when, after the schvitz hits the fan, they'll be all over the bulls for being optimistic!
- I don't know, Kevin, that SOX chart sure looks like it's got dandruff to me.
- Hey Joanne!!! Put your left foot in, Your left foot out, Your left foot in and shake it all about.
- Minyan Quiz: What's the only fruit with its seeds on the outside? The first correct answer received gets to sport their favorite critter with a snazzy Minyanville tee!
- Sometimes, you just lose your trading mojo--it happens to the best of us. When that happens, it's very important that you take a step back rather than press forward. That may mean watching, playing smaller or paper trading--and when you get your feel back, edge into the muck anew.
- "A poacher who shoots at rabbits may scare big game away." Lawrence Jamieson, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- Download your Minyanville instant message ICON here!
- Volume is running at a SLOWER pace than yesterday....which may indicate that we may be churning rather than basing.
- Hey Mr. Fokker--if you're gonna play, you gotta pay. Well, I would never let you pay but, at the very least, WAKE THE HECK UP!
- Silver down a deuce (2%).
- There are still gnats, I mean bugs, in the new digs--but we're chasing them out.
- Mr. Fokker sure is an expensive date.
- Investors put $47 billion into equity mutual funds last month. That capital inflow comes second only to the all-time record high of $48.3 billion in February 2000.
- We need a beaver in the 'Ville. A monkey too.
- I just had a wonderful half hour conversation with Ralph Bloch. What a super, super guy.
- Mark Knopfler and Joe Satriani never got the snaps they deserve as guitar players.
- Now I've got the Hokie Pokie in my head.
- A lot of Minyans have yet to download the awesome Buzz & Banter desk top alert feature. Kickstand put together an easy checklist: 1) Once you are in the site, choose from the toolbar (on left) and select the following "Gazette" 2) select Buzz and Banter 3) Download Buzz and Banter Alert Application (Open-> Next-> Install-> close). You need to then launch Buzz and Banter - it does not automatically start after downloading the program. Click on the start Menu on Computer, then "programs" then "Minyanville" then "MV Minyanville Icon. You should be all set.
- Check out the Ronerama's latest column.
- We've raised a couple hundred thousand for the Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education. Our plan, Stan, is to throw the Critter's Choice Awards this fall and turn that into a million bucks. That's my goal--and I'm committed to making it happen. If you would like to be involved in this event or help underwrite it--it's a 501C3 non-profit corporation and tax deductible--please fire me an email and we'll discuss. It's for the kids, Minyans, it's for the kids!
- Bugs, Gnats....is there a similarity here?
- Last night, while celebrating Mr. Fokker's promotion, I pulled the waiter aside before dinner and told him to bring rounds of tequila shots to the table--but to only put tequila in Fokker's shot and put water in mine and Greg Deux. He finally figured it out by the time dessert came.
- Do you know of a writer who you think is Minyan material? We're always open to suggestions and will gladly listen to recommendations.
- The Knicks are finally fun to watch.
- Watch the HGX (housing index) for potential acne.
- I miss Maia and Bradley more than you could possibly imagine. I'm way overdue for a Baltimore hugfest.
- That dripping sound you hear is called "theta" (time decay of option premium).
- Nice beaver! Thanks, I just had it stuffed.
- Prayers to JTB.
- While Nazz breadth is marginally positive, Upvolume/Downvolume in the Nazz is better than 2:1.
- To quote Jeff DeGraff today: "Volume is an important ingredient of strength as it is a reflection of the depth of demand. Light volume moves have to be considered feeble and unreliable."
- Yes, there will be 'some' redundancy between News & Views and Buzz & Banter as not all Minyans are buzz capable.
- I pulled into Nazareth, I was feelin' bout half past dead....
- How do you put ONE cat on a diet when the OTHER cat needs to gain weight?
position in qqq, fnm
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter