My kinda tape!
- Piggy Banks.
- Just in case you missed Fleck's reference to Joanie's article, here it is. Fair warning....it doesn't make you feel too warm and fuzzy on the future.
- "Education is when you read the fine print. Experience is what you get if you don't" - Pete Seeger
- Fannie better get her gun.
- Greg Deux's new nickname--for the day, anyway--is kickstand.
- Why do the teletubbies get so offended when somebody brings up the bear case when, after the schvitz hits the fan, they'll be all over the bulls for being optimistic!
- I don't know, Kevin, that SOX chart sure looks like it's got dandruff to me.
- Hey Joanne!!! Put your left foot in, Your left foot out, Your left foot in and shake it all about.
- Minyan Quiz: What's the only fruit with its seeds on the outside? The first correct answer received gets to sport their favorite critter with a snazzy Minyanville tee!
- Sometimes, you just lose your trading mojo--it happens to the best of us. When that happens, it's very important that you take a step back rather than press forward. That may mean watching, playing smaller or paper trading--and when you get your feel back, edge into the muck anew.
- "A poacher who shoots at rabbits may scare big game away." Lawrence Jamieson, Dirty Rotten Scoundrels
- Download your Minyanville instant message ICON here!
- Volume is running at a SLOWER pace than yesterday....which may indicate that we may be churning rather than basing.
- Hey Mr. Fokker--if you're gonna play, you gotta pay. Well, I would never let you pay but, at the very least, WAKE THE HECK UP!
- Silver down a deuce (2%).
- There are still gnats, I mean bugs, in the new digs--but we're chasing them out.
- Mr. Fokker sure is an expensive date.
- Investors put $47 billion into equity mutual funds last month. That capital inflow comes second only to the all-time record high of $48.3 billion in February 2000.
- We need a beaver in the 'Ville. A monkey too.
- I just had a wonderful half hour conversation with Ralph Bloch. What a super, super guy.
- Mark Knopfler and Joe Satriani never got the snaps they deserve as guitar players.
- Now I've got the Hokie Pokie in my head.
- A lot of Minyans have yet to download the awesome Buzz & Banter desk top alert feature. Kickstand put together an easy checklist: 1) Once you are in the site, choose from the toolbar (on left) and select the following "Gazette" 2) select Buzz and Banter 3) Download Buzz and Banter Alert Application (Open-> Next-> Install-> close). You need to then launch Buzz and Banter - it does not automatically start after downloading the program. Click on the start Menu on Computer, then "programs" then "Minyanville" then "MV Minyanville Icon. You should be all set.
- Check out the Ronerama's latest column.
- We've raised a couple hundred thousand for the Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education. Our plan, Stan, is to throw the Critter's Choice Awards this fall and turn that into a million bucks. That's my goal--and I'm committed to making it happen. If you would like to be involved in this event or help underwrite it--it's a 501C3 non-profit corporation and tax deductible--please fire me an email and we'll discuss. It's for the kids, Minyans, it's for the kids!
- Bugs, Gnats....is there a similarity here?
- Last night, while celebrating Mr. Fokker's promotion, I pulled the waiter aside before dinner and told him to bring rounds of tequila shots to the table--but to only put tequila in Fokker's shot and put water in mine and Greg Deux. He finally figured it out by the time dessert came.
- Do you know of a writer who you think is Minyan material? We're always open to suggestions and will gladly listen to recommendations.
- The Knicks are finally fun to watch.
- Watch the HGX (housing index) for potential acne.
- I miss Maia and Bradley more than you could possibly imagine. I'm way overdue for a Baltimore hugfest.
- That dripping sound you hear is called "theta" (time decay of option premium).
- Nice beaver! Thanks, I just had it stuffed.
- Prayers to JTB.
- While Nazz breadth is marginally positive, Upvolume/Downvolume in the Nazz is better than 2:1.
- To quote Jeff DeGraff today: "Volume is an important ingredient of strength as it is a reflection of the depth of demand. Light volume moves have to be considered feeble and unreliable."
- Yes, there will be 'some' redundancy between News & Views and Buzz & Banter as not all Minyans are buzz capable.
- I pulled into Nazareth, I was feelin' bout half past dead....
- How do you put ONE cat on a diet when the OTHER cat needs to gain weight?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter