More Random Thoughts!
By Todd Harrison Feb 26, 2003 2:34 pm
Has anybody seen my mojo?
- A lot of traders got sucked in on the short side in crude yesterday. Wow--crude.com!
- I've always found that the day after a Snapper, traders tend to anticipate another reversal (higher)--and it's a rare occurrence that they get it.
- A reader asked me an interesting question regarding my deflation thesis and the preservation of capital. Are greenbacks the best vehicle? Why does my gut say no?
- I keep looking at the Nikkei and French CAC chart and wishing they would just break and get it over with already.
- Europe, crude, war, dollar...does the market act great or is it only a matter of time before it fails miserably? Answer that question, cookie, and you'll have earned your stripes in trading boot camp.
- If Mr. Buc's fan wins the charity auction, is it in poor taste to wear my Marcus jersey that day?
- Morgan Stanley's semiconductor conference next week should offer us some good insight in fundy land.
- In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all the world's nuclear weapons combined.
- Should I make Fokker pay me to sit here all day?
- Can head and shoulders exist on a two-day chart? If so, look at the Spooz!
- I gotta say it again. Wow--crude.
- The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
- I keep hearing that there's a lot of money on the sidelines, but aren't mutual fund cash reserves at historically low levels?
- Baby steps add up--and you're less likely to skin a knee.
- Uncle Buck is still my favorite movie.
- GE stochastics pixels away from crossing (negatively) at the top.
- By definition, an option cannot be more liquid than the underlying security.
- Write down the duct tape lows (made 2/13) in the various averages and sticky note them to your computer--they're that important. Not only are they necessary for a "higher low," but there's also sizable stops below (me thinks).
- Tick Tock Snapper.
- Every bear I talk to is scared schvitzless--that's bearish!
- There are no terrorists in Minyanville. Why? Cause we would kick their ass!
- Questions on stochastics? Tony will gladly answer them!
- There were some hysterical answers to the best comedy of all-time...but I can't share them!
- Casey is sick now--uncanny how in synch we are at times (I've upticked marginally).
- If you spend your time bumming over a trade gone bad (or covered/sold too soon), you'll miss the next trade.
- A fellow Minyan who's a fireman is sending me a helmet. That's super cool!
- Will analyst recommendations matter again? I don't mean any disrespect--it's a serious question.
- Are extreme technical readings (to the downside) necessary before a meaningful turn? No. As a big picture bear, would I like to see them? Fer sure.
position in s&p, smh
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter