More Random Thoughts!
Has anybody seen my mojo?
- A lot of traders got sucked in on the short side in crude yesterday. Wow--crude.com!
- I've always found that the day after a Snapper, traders tend to anticipate another reversal (higher)--and it's a rare occurrence that they get it.
- A reader asked me an interesting question regarding my deflation thesis and the preservation of capital. Are greenbacks the best vehicle? Why does my gut say no?
- I keep looking at the Nikkei and French CAC chart and wishing they would just break and get it over with already.
- Europe, crude, war, dollar...does the market act great or is it only a matter of time before it fails miserably? Answer that question, cookie, and you'll have earned your stripes in trading boot camp.
- If Mr. Buc's fan wins the charity auction, is it in poor taste to wear my Marcus jersey that day?
- Morgan Stanley's semiconductor conference next week should offer us some good insight in fundy land.
- In 10 minutes, a hurricane releases more energy than all the world's nuclear weapons combined.
- Should I make Fokker pay me to sit here all day?
- Can head and shoulders exist on a two-day chart? If so, look at the Spooz!
- I gotta say it again. Wow--crude.
- The cigarette lighter was invented before the match.
- I keep hearing that there's a lot of money on the sidelines, but aren't mutual fund cash reserves at historically low levels?
- Baby steps add up--and you're less likely to skin a knee.
- Uncle Buck is still my favorite movie.
- GE stochastics pixels away from crossing (negatively) at the top.
- By definition, an option cannot be more liquid than the underlying security.
- Write down the duct tape lows (made 2/13) in the various averages and sticky note them to your computer--they're that important. Not only are they necessary for a "higher low," but there's also sizable stops below (me thinks).
- Tick Tock Snapper.
- Every bear I talk to is scared schvitzless--that's bearish!
- There are no terrorists in Minyanville. Why? Cause we would kick their ass!
- Questions on stochastics? Tony will gladly answer them!
- There were some hysterical answers to the best comedy of all-time...but I can't share them!
- Casey is sick now--uncanny how in synch we are at times (I've upticked marginally).
- If you spend your time bumming over a trade gone bad (or covered/sold too soon), you'll miss the next trade.
- A fellow Minyan who's a fireman is sending me a helmet. That's super cool!
- Will analyst recommendations matter again? I don't mean any disrespect--it's a serious question.
- Are extreme technical readings (to the downside) necessary before a meaningful turn? No. As a big picture bear, would I like to see them? Fer sure.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter