Come on Snapper...you want some of this?
- Today is the tenth anniversary of the first World Trader Center attack. At the time, it was considered the worst terrorist attack on U.S soil. My how times have changed. Thank you Dan Meehan (no relation) for pointing that out.
- If you've got the 21-day chart up, you can draw a second trendline up from the Duct-tape Thursday low's.
- The airplane Buddy Holly died in was the "American Pie." (Thus the name of the Don McLean song.)
- Back to back Snappers are rare.
- Don't fight the Fed? Oofa!
- I've unwound my S&P puts when the intraday "stuff" got oversold and focused my attention on my OTC positions (for now). If the S&P gets extended (within the context of a down tape), I'll revisit the risk. (Deja vu!)
- The BKX doesn't lie.
- Mr. SuperBowl Champion Buc's Fan still tops the charity auction with a $12,000 bid. That's great!
- On average, 100 people choke to death on ballpoint pens every year.
- This morning's bull trap was about as vicious as I've seen in a long time.
- The German DAX is own another 1%.--nasty. France and Japan are thisclose to breaking multiple bottoms.
- The catfish has over 27,000 taste buds, more than any other animal.
- Speaking of cats, what IS it about felines that make them lay down on top of whatever it is you're trying to do?
- SOX stocastics have hooked at the top, XAU stochastics about to hook at the bottom.
- Hawkish Blix comments out earlier--make sure you see 'em.
- At Goldman tech this afternoon: VRTS, AMLX, ADI, EDS
- The NVLS mid-quarter update is tomorrow.
- Question: IF the government wanted to spin attempted terrorist activity as "accidents" so the public doesn't panic, could they? I'm not implying anything, mind you, I'm just asking the question.
- If you don't stay humble in this business, you will eventually learn a valuable lesson.
- More people have a phobia of vomiting than death.
- If you're flip-flopping your opinion as a function of price, do yourself a favor, take a step back, and watch for a while. The market isn't going anywhere.
- Anybody know if the Dead is heading towards NYC?
- OSX stochastics hookin' at the top (negative).
- If you work all week just to get to the weekend and spend the weekend getting ready to work, there's something very wrong with that picture.
- When a rattlesnake is born he has a small rounded tip on his tail known as the pre button. Several days after his birth he will shed his skin for the first time and lose this pre button which the button will replace. This is the first segment of his rattle. (Thanks Sammy)
- I understand my deflation thesis is in the minority. By the time it's in the majority, it'll be too late.
- Yes, I was schvitzing a little during the opening spike but deep breaths always help. I still have a leg in my metaphorical bear costume and I'm trading around core shorts. Smaller than usual and defined risk, mind you, but that's what I'm thinkin'.
- If you're digging the site, please take the time to spread the word. Thank you!
- The disclosures on the right (under the critters) are NOT advice--they're simply disclosing that I'm not "disinterested" in a particular stock/index. Further, I will only disclose positions in stocks I mention in a particular post. In other words, just because it says "no positions in stocks mentioned" doesn't mean I have no positions at all. A'ight?
- The dollar is slipping a bit--watch this.
- Pop Quiz: What college did Fokker go to? Hint: One of my favorite players on one of my favorite teams went there too! The first Minyan to send the correct guess to firstname.lastname@example.org wins a free Minyanville Tee!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter