By Todd Harrison Feb 25, 2004 12:01 pm
If I can spur the small caps (to join the semis and brokers), I might have a chance!
- In memoriam: With all the sadness and trauma going on in the world at the moment, it is worth reflecting on the death of a very important person which almost went unnoticed last week. Larry La Prise, the man who wrote"The Hokey Pokey" died peacefully at age 93. The most traumatic part for his family was getting him into the coffin. They put his left leg in...and then the trouble started...
- Snoop Tone weighed in to say that while corrections are a part of the game, he's stickin' with his S&P 1350 year end target.
- Are there such things as an A.D.D lawyer? How do they read all these contracts?
- While I'm firmly in Elmer's camp with regard to his Fannie (FNM:NYSE) concerns, I find it a bit ironic that the world's greatest debt encourager is tossing a stone from his glass house.
- I'm taking the Greg(s) out for dinner (and then some) to celebrate Fokker's promotion. And yes, I'm in charge of the ordering.
- Breadth isn't all that spiffy yet. The brokers and semis are trying to lead by example though.
- NDX 1480 is first resistance. NDX 1515-1520 is the resistance.
- Does everybody see the SOX dandruff?
- Have you ever done it "Minyan style?"
- If Franklin was a Prince song, he would be Purple Raines.
- The frequency of my writing will increase--it's just been a rather nutty few weeks with the launch and glitch hunt.
- My grandfather never incurred debt his entire life and told me countless times to do the same. He'd be proud.
- Fannie (FNM:NYSE) $75 is technically huge.
- We finally got an explanation from the techies why Monday's launch was so slow--A 400% SURGE IN PAGE VIEWS!
- The banks are still tickling their G-spot (BKX 1000).
- We sensed a downside probe (in Buzz & Banter) and we're gettin' it now. Look for NDX 1450 to get louder as it gets closer.
- Nobody points fingers or asks questions when the market is rallying but the schvitz always hits the fan when the tape turns south.
- Wait 'till you see who we're talking to about joining Minyanville as a professor.
- Hoofy has asked me to call him The Hoofy. Ugh.
- My Random yesterday--the one I caught heat for--had a simple point. We have kids dying overseas, bubbles festering in the economy, multitudes of uncured diseases and terrorist cells sleeping. I just don't think "that" issue is in the same ballpark. And, as always, it's simply my opinion.
- Fleck doin' some Buzzin' today!
- The gaps from the opening have now been filled.
- Happy Birthday to Minyan Arlen Kessler
- WATCH THE RUSSELL 2000.
- You're not allowed to champion the virtues of globalization as a reason for the bull market (late '90's) and blame them for the labor lethargy. It is what it is and there's always two sides to every trade.
- Prayers to JTB.
- I can't wait for this new server....critters on caffeine!
- If you haven't visited Main Street lately, take a stroll at your convenience! 10% of the net proceeds from Harrison's Dept. Store will be donated to the Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education!
position in qqq, fnm
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter