By Todd Harrison Feb 25, 2003 11:46 am
Hey Tony--are you taking smartie pills?
- I'm fading--and it has nothing to do with the markets. This stomach bug is a killer.
- Speaking of fades, I let a little s&p out (read: short) into that (low volume) mini-spike this morning (when the intraday stochastics got toppy). I will adhere to my S&P 830 stop level. I promise.
- I don't do drugs...I get the same effect just standing up fast.
- Select retailers are starting to peek their beaks up--COH, FD, KSS, WMT. Watch this group.
- Isn't having a smoking section in a restaurant like having a peeing section in a swimming pool?
- There's fresh chatter of asset alligators out there. So you know.
- Tony, Fokker and I are representing Minyanville in Sunday's bowling tourney for Jacob's Cure. Neil Glassman will round out our foursome but before I officially invite him, I have to check with Scotto if walkers are allowed on the lanes.
- Speaking of Tony, his piece this morning puts our current juncture in perfect perspective.
- To my dear brother Adam: I'm sorry--
- Gold getting spammed, the dollar is mixed and oil...wow--that's gotta leave a mark (on the economy).
- Minyanville Poll: What was the best comedy series of all time? Send your vote to Fokker@Minyanville.com . Booth closes at 3pm!
- XAU stochastics coiling at the bottom. SOX stochastics crossing at the top. Uh-oh.
- NYC Minyanfest during the final four. Site TBA. Disclaimer: No market talk--just cold beer, college hoops, good friends.
- I know my body--I'm getting sicker not better. I cannot WAIT to get back in bed.
- "Only Sailors use condoms baby!" "Not in the nineties, Austin!" "Well they should, those filthy beggars, they go from port to port!"
- 10 G's. Wow...most of my ex-girlfriends would pay that much NEVER to see me again!
- Earnings after the close: HPQ, ADSK, SMTC, WIND
- Hey Martin--still gettin' dumped? ;-)
- Levels to watch: BKX 690, SOX 260, XBD 360 (brokers)--all Duct-tape Thursday lows.
- According to Snoop Tone, if the market would close today, that would be the second day of a trin over 2. that has been a perfect indicator for the next day - not for a low - but for the next day (up). Pure trading stuff--and has nothing to do with the potential for a subsequent whoosh lower.
- Holy Transports, Batman--that CAN'T be good!
- Sean Michael Mueller still has high bid in the charity auction: $10,000.
- Locals=floor traders.
- I just thought of Garden.com for some reason.
- Butterflies taste with their feet.
- Do I still believe in deflation. Yes, despite the rise in oil, I do.
- I want to short reality tv shows.
- I don't envy Dubya--tough job.
- Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
- Downvolume/upvolume is 5:1 negative in the NYSE, 10:1 negative in the Nazz.
- Did you see that DAX chart? Makes my feet look pretty (and that's saying something).
- This afternoon at Goldman tech: AMD, ASML, AMCC, OVER, STK, LRCX, CHKP, CDN, DELL, SEBL, FLEX, AAPL, QCOM, CA, BRCM, EBAY, LLTC.
- Markets aside, this war stuff is frightening. If we blow off the U.N, this has the potential to spiral out of control.
- If you're ever on the fence between seeing an old friend and staying in, err to the side of friendship. During the first week of September 2001, a good buddy of mine from Cantor asked me for join him for a gaggle of Grey Geese but I was tired and declined. I never saw him again.
- If Saddam and Dubya debate, what are the chances of them calling eachother a shmoopie?
position in qcom, s&p
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter