Hey Tony--are you taking smartie pills?
- I'm fading--and it has nothing to do with the markets. This stomach bug is a killer.
- Speaking of fades, I let a little s&p out (read: short) into that (low volume) mini-spike this morning (when the intraday stochastics got toppy). I will adhere to my S&P 830 stop level. I promise.
- I don't do drugs...I get the same effect just standing up fast.
- Select retailers are starting to peek their beaks up--COH, FD, KSS, WMT. Watch this group.
- Isn't having a smoking section in a restaurant like having a peeing section in a swimming pool?
- There's fresh chatter of asset alligators out there. So you know.
- Tony, Fokker and I are representing Minyanville in Sunday's bowling tourney for Jacob's Cure. Neil Glassman will round out our foursome but before I officially invite him, I have to check with Scotto if walkers are allowed on the lanes.
- Speaking of Tony, his piece this morning puts our current juncture in perfect perspective.
- To my dear brother Adam: I'm sorry--
- Gold getting spammed, the dollar is mixed and oil...wow--that's gotta leave a mark (on the economy).
- Minyanville Poll: What was the best comedy series of all time? Send your vote to Fokker@Minyanville.com . Booth closes at 3pm!
- XAU stochastics coiling at the bottom. SOX stochastics crossing at the top. Uh-oh.
- NYC Minyanfest during the final four. Site TBA. Disclaimer: No market talk--just cold beer, college hoops, good friends.
- I know my body--I'm getting sicker not better. I cannot WAIT to get back in bed.
- "Only Sailors use condoms baby!" "Not in the nineties, Austin!" "Well they should, those filthy beggars, they go from port to port!"
- 10 G's. Wow...most of my ex-girlfriends would pay that much NEVER to see me again!
- Earnings after the close: HPQ, ADSK, SMTC, WIND
- Hey Martin--still gettin' dumped? ;-)
- Levels to watch: BKX 690, SOX 260, XBD 360 (brokers)--all Duct-tape Thursday lows.
- According to Snoop Tone, if the market would close today, that would be the second day of a trin over 2. that has been a perfect indicator for the next day - not for a low - but for the next day (up). Pure trading stuff--and has nothing to do with the potential for a subsequent whoosh lower.
- Holy Transports, Batman--that CAN'T be good!
- Sean Michael Mueller still has high bid in the charity auction: $10,000.
- Locals=floor traders.
- I just thought of Garden.com for some reason.
- Butterflies taste with their feet.
- Do I still believe in deflation. Yes, despite the rise in oil, I do.
- I want to short reality tv shows.
- I don't envy Dubya--tough job.
- Average life span of a major league baseball: 7 pitches.
- Downvolume/upvolume is 5:1 negative in the NYSE, 10:1 negative in the Nazz.
- Did you see that DAX chart? Makes my feet look pretty (and that's saying something).
- This afternoon at Goldman tech: AMD, ASML, AMCC, OVER, STK, LRCX, CHKP, CDN, DELL, SEBL, FLEX, AAPL, QCOM, CA, BRCM, EBAY, LLTC.
- Markets aside, this war stuff is frightening. If we blow off the U.N, this has the potential to spiral out of control.
- If you're ever on the fence between seeing an old friend and staying in, err to the side of friendship. During the first week of September 2001, a good buddy of mine from Cantor asked me for join him for a gaggle of Grey Geese but I was tired and declined. I never saw him again.
- If Saddam and Dubya debate, what are the chances of them calling eachother a shmoopie?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter