Freaky Friday Random Thoughts
By Todd Harrison Feb 24, 2006 2:13 pm
Hang in there Minyans!
- This is, by far, the coolest story I've seen in a while.
- Question I posed yesterday: Does the five year chart in the brokers (XBD) look like a "blow off" to anyone else? Buzz posted today (by Pepe Depew): The AMEX Broker Dealer Index (XBD) has registered a TD-Sequential 13 "sell" signal on the daily chart.
- The most bullish thing on my screen? The financials, as the banks and brokers hang tough in a perverted yield curve. The second most bullish thing on my screen? The CRB (+1.75%), if you believe that a rising tide lifts all asset classes.
- The consensus among my trading troops is that the S's are resting before they sport some acne. Jack Skiba of Morgan Stanley--who is retiring TODAY after 28 years, five months and seven days---taught me early and often never to anticipate the anticipator!
- Nicole, I'm tellin' ya, he's a PIG!
- We spoke of potential '06 themes in January and this Glamis Gold-Western Silver marriage seems to fit that bill.
- Of Cooks and Books? Aunt Fannie is down a deuce (2%) and has effectively coughed up all of yesterday's curious gains. I wonder if Franklin Raines is gonna dress up like a zebra for Halloween?
- Freedom of Herb?
- Inertia Alert! Energy (crude +4%) and metals (XAU +2%) , after bouncing off CRB 320, continue their quest to assume the "leaders of tomorrow" badges. I have little doubt they will, I'm just not sure if we'll be able to buy 'em cheaper
- The homies are sluggish today but remain well above newfound support (HGX 260).
- Hey, it could be worse.
- IBM is sporting some broad (head &) shoulders. Maybe that's why he's so hard to bring down?
- My trusty stochastics are twisty (overbought) in the old school while the semis are starting to get a bit flushed out. Are we due for some N's over S's?
- We've got a snazzy new professor on deck for next week and my sense is that Minyans are gonna dig him big time.
- General Electric is starting to cast a wary eye towards support at $32.5.
- Continued love and white light to our buddy Fokker as he digests a difficult loss.
- While I was (very much) looking forward to a Friday night face plant, I must again board a plane and head to _____ for a MIM3 site visit. I'll be taking the red eye back Monday night and for a bright-eyed and bushy-tailed Tuesday. Have a fantastic weekend, my friends, and may the four winds blow you safely home.
Position in IBM, financials
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter