Watch the tape!
- Tom McManus, BofA's talented market strategist, opines that the new high in the DJIA suggests a shift in leadership, citing the potential for multiple compression and margin squeezes in the small and mid-caps. It's a vibe that should seem familiar to ye faithful.
- I'm watching market internals (2:1on NYSE, 3:2 on the Nazz) and BKX 106.5 (all-time high) like a hawk--or, a dovehawk as the case may be.
I'm also watching the dandruff on the NDX and SMH. Which is pointing the techs in an entirely different direction.
- Answers I Really Wanna Know....
- So, curling is like a winter version of archery, only cleaner?
- While Boo doesn't agree with the action in the financials, does he adequately respect the technical implications of a push to all-time highs?
- Does Spider really have a pup named Misty?
- Why do some folks insist on playing dirty when there are so many true ills in the world?
- Is it safe to say that the homies held newfound support at HGX 260?
- Or that the CRB did the same at 320 despite today's percent pullback?
- Are you aware that a slew of "buy stops" are sitting on the other side of S&P 1295?
- Have you seen my baseball?
- There are "feels" and there are "processes." The former is starting to tingle with a familiar furry feeling while the latter dictates that I stick to disciplined and defined risk.
- If you could be any character in What's Happening, who would you be and why?
- I've still got the "long SunMicro common-long IBM puts" pairs trade on. The Sun is a long-term holder while Big Blue is a defined risk dandruff bet. And yes, I'm conscious of the stealth migration back to the big caps. If there wasn't risk, it would be called "winning," not trading.
- Call it a hunch, but I think "5 Things" is gonna be the "go to" column on the 'Ville each morning.
- I told you not to squeeze the Charmin!
- Wasabi Harvard Minyans!
- Professor Succo noted the continued compression in the marketplace via the sale of 165,000 Microsoft October 30's. This trade is a microcosm for the starvation for income prevelent in today's tape. This spring has been coiling for a long, long time.
- We eyed Snapper lurking in energy and metals last Thursday (as a function of the multiyear trendling at CRB 320) and they made Papa proud. I missed my re-entry into these long-term faves (always honest) and continue to watch for spots to nibble. Something tells me I'll have that chance.
- Maybe I'm eating a silly sandwich for breakfast but they wanna put who where? (hint: It helps to hum the Twilight Zone theme song)
- It's freaky, I penned my opening column before seeing John's vibes on the Buzz.
- Is it possible to be tri-polar? Highs, lows, and complete indifference?
- Just another day in Red Dye.
- What, no braces? Intel is flirting with a teenager.
- Finally, and I'm only half joking, I had an epiphany last night for a potential blockbuster pairs trade: Buy Oakland real estate and short San Fran real estate. And to think, it's been in front of my eyes for oh-so-many years!
- Silver bells. Silver bells...
- Attention Sports lovin' Minyans! A young man by the name of Jon Spivak interned for me while I was helming the Cramer Berkowitz trading operation in 2001. In addition to his 'phone ducking, keyboard jumping' skillz, he left a lasting impression as a fine, young man. Well, Minyan Spivak has resurfaced with a fantastic (and free) interactive sports site that I give the official Minyanville seal of approval. While the kid is still a Quaker, he sports a wisdom beyond his years. Enjoy Minyans, and don't be afraid to offer two-sided feedback. That's how any website gets better!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter