More Random Thoughts!
Melt this, chubs!
- If the BKX can poke through (higher), the S&P might try and run with that sloppy looking flag pattern (thanks Frank). Am I playing it that way? No, but ignoring it would be silly and you always want to "see" both sides of every trade.
- Why do the numbers on a phone go one way and the numbers on the calculator go the other?
- Real flow today? Less than Zero.
- I'm goin' back to Cali, to Cali, to Cali, I'm going back to Cali, huh, I don't think so!
- What do you call 1000 terrorists at the bottom of the ocean. A helluva start!
- Storage and semis continue to trade heavy, retailers continue to trade firm.
- Happy birthday Peter Rosenthal!
- Morgan Stanley option desk circa 1991, where are you now? Chuck, Jack, Harry, Nips, Tommy, Lou, Don, Eddie, Succ, Kim, Betty, Eddie....that's old school! No offense Jackson!
- Did I mention that the fleeces are AWESOME?
- Let Nora sing the song!
- It's easy to lose focus when you're staring at the flicking ticks. But take a step back and think. If I were to tell you that the market cracked monster support at S&P 870, failed 60 handles and then rallied back towards the breakdown level--what would you do? Me too...and I'm itching to put another leg into the fur.
- The White Shadow was a great TV show!
- Does the NDX need to "take out" the 200-day on the upside before failing?
- Do cows drink milk?
- Raiders! ARRRGGHH! (sorry)
- VIX sitting on 200-day support.
- The next time you're in a really nice restaurant, order the penisfish and watch the expression on the waiters face.
- These Spooz are jumpy, eh?
- Negative energy is such a waste of time.
- New trendline! 21-day S&P chart. Draw a line across the tops starting from January 24. See it? Now...we just gotta figure out if that's a reverse head and shoulders (bullish)!
- Do I think a melt is coming? I think so--I'm just trying to wrap my arms around the timing.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter