I'm a bear and, as such, I want the market to rally--it gives me better entry points on the short side!
- I had finished a long missive and my computer crashed--thus erasing the long missive. Love that!
- A large part of this rally spike was the short pressers (from the explosion) getting squeezed. Yes, I nibbled back on some of the puts I sold into the melt.
- If quizzes are quizzical then what are tests?
- The action on expiration typically occurs around the bells.
- When the Final Four begins, we'll do our NYC Minyanfest at a sports bar. A'ight?
- Watch the banks as they flirt with resistance at BKX 725.
- Pop Quiz: How many years were my grandparents Ruby and Dorothy married? Send your (one) guess to email@example.com and the winner will receive a free Minyanville Tee!
- Do geese get people bumps?
- Breadth in the NYSE now 2:1 positive
- With everyone watching S&P 870 as mamaluke resistance, we'll prolly overshoot it a bit or never get there.
- Toying with the idea of adding another bear appendage on this spike--haven't pulled the trigger yet.
- Storage continues to trade heavy.
- Yes, I'm aware that people "crib" ideas from Minyanville--it's flattering, actually!
- Two upgrades, a jiggy market--and the SOX still can't get out of it's own way.
- I couldn't decide between a bacon/egg/cheese and bagel/lox/tomato for breakfast. So I had both.
- There are 'buy stops' above Tuesday's highs.
- Does anybody out there think FNM will one day declare bankruptcy?
- What's Saddam gonna say...and would a conspiracy theorist raise an eyebrow regarding the market action into the speech?
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter