No grass makes for a hungry Hoofy.
- Oh by the way, the Brazilian wax continues as the Bovespa was down 5% yesterday. Silk milk!
- $3.6 billion into mutual funds this week.
- Index options expire in the morning, individual stock options in the afternoon.
- Lotsa open interest at QQQ 37 level. (pin possibilities)
- Watch crude $36 (January high). Through there and there's some resistance at $38 and then it's up, up and away (with the exception of the psychologically important $40).
- Don't confuse natural muscular strength with steroid enhanced performance. Along those lines, if this market was an athlete, she would be banned from the Olympics!
- Why can't I watch Franklin Raines without getting a shiver down my spine?
- Is anybody else getting pumped for March Madness?
- We filled (Monday's opening) gaps with yesterday's close. We also broke the one month pennant in the S&P (to the downside) and furthered the non-confirmation issues for the Minx.
- Watch the breadth today for overt strength or weakness.
- Minyanville will close the curtains at 5pm EST to begin the massive overhaul. When you power up on Monday, I sure hope you'll be wearing a seatbelt. I schvitz you not!
- If you'd be upset if the market was up 100 (because you missed it) or down 100 (because you were caught or not short), think about that for a moment. If you set yourself up for disappointment either way, you're gonna be unhappy no matter what happens. Look at it the other way...and think positive as we start this session.
- Good luck.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter