By Todd Harrison Feb 20, 2003 12:03 pm
The Philly funk wont help!
- Oh yeah, the NDX 200-day moving average is 1017 (topped at 1015 the last three days). That's the level the bulls will be shootin' for if they can turn the tape.
- We're getting great feedback on the cookies. No pun intended!
- Philly Fed MUCH weaker.
- In Australia, the legal age for straight sex is 16--unless the person is in the care/custody of a person 18 or older.
- When looking for potential expiration "pins," I always look at the open interest of a particular strike relative to the average daily volume.
- The DAX is down (another) 2% and Europe is gettin' smoked like a Philly Blunt.
- Will the Knicks win an NBA championship in my lifetime?
- Yes, I am still FIRMLY in the deflation camp. By the time that camp gets crowded, it'll be too late to do anything about it!
- I'm hearing that there's a stealth buyer of the futes at 840 trying to hold the Spooz above that VERY important level.
- Do I think expiration is buoying the market? In a word, yes.
- My trusty NDX stochastics (which were coiled like a snake) are now closer to a sell signal to a buy signal (not there yet).
- Could we get a Snapper? Yeah, we "could"...expiration tends to exacerbate the action (either way) and it's always tough to game. Do I think we do? No?
- In Thailand, it's illegal to leave your house without wearing underwear. Man, if I lived there, I'd give new meaning to the phrase "bubble boy."
- The Nikkei held at an important level (8575ish)--watch that zone as a potential inflection point (either way).
- I think I was a hippie in a former life.
- Somebody just bought 13,000 QQQ puts--that's bullish on the margin.
- Lehman just downgraded the telecom services sector.
- Am I threading the needle on the "one more whoosh" trade before the official Sham (stiff lift) higher? Perhaps...
- Bearish at S&P 805 and bullish at S&P 850 a week later? Take a few days away from the flickering ticks and take a break.
- I went back and read my New Year's Resolutions last night just to make sure I'm staying the course.
- Rolling stops are a great way to let your winners run while defining your risk.
- Tony--did Daisy pick out that tie?
- My intraday stochastics, while not giving sell signals yet, have worked off their "coiledness."
- BKX cweeping back--watch this group.
- OK--I'll say it again. PLEASE, my friends, PLEASE do not comment, praise, assess, note or judge my trades while they're still open. I'm very superstitious and I believe that mushes are a traders worst enemy.
- I love John Hughes movies.
- I've put my therapist in therapy.
- Storage and specialty pharma act o.k today.
- N's over S's.
- The greenback is getting hit. Shocker, Frokker!
- A hospital, what is it? It's a large brick building with patients inside--but that's not important right now!
position in s&p
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter