The Philly funk wont help!
- Oh yeah, the NDX 200-day moving average is 1017 (topped at 1015 the last three days). That's the level the bulls will be shootin' for if they can turn the tape.
- We're getting great feedback on the cookies. No pun intended!
- Philly Fed MUCH weaker.
- In Australia, the legal age for straight sex is 16--unless the person is in the care/custody of a person 18 or older.
- When looking for potential expiration "pins," I always look at the open interest of a particular strike relative to the average daily volume.
- The DAX is down (another) 2% and Europe is gettin' smoked like a Philly Blunt.
- Will the Knicks win an NBA championship in my lifetime?
- Yes, I am still FIRMLY in the deflation camp. By the time that camp gets crowded, it'll be too late to do anything about it!
- I'm hearing that there's a stealth buyer of the futes at 840 trying to hold the Spooz above that VERY important level.
- Do I think expiration is buoying the market? In a word, yes.
- My trusty NDX stochastics (which were coiled like a snake) are now closer to a sell signal to a buy signal (not there yet).
- Could we get a Snapper? Yeah, we "could"...expiration tends to exacerbate the action (either way) and it's always tough to game. Do I think we do? No?
- In Thailand, it's illegal to leave your house without wearing underwear. Man, if I lived there, I'd give new meaning to the phrase "bubble boy."
- The Nikkei held at an important level (8575ish)--watch that zone as a potential inflection point (either way).
- I think I was a hippie in a former life.
- Somebody just bought 13,000 QQQ puts--that's bullish on the margin.
- Lehman just downgraded the telecom services sector.
- Am I threading the needle on the "one more whoosh" trade before the official Sham (stiff lift) higher? Perhaps...
- Bearish at S&P 805 and bullish at S&P 850 a week later? Take a few days away from the flickering ticks and take a break.
- I went back and read my New Year's Resolutions last night just to make sure I'm staying the course.
- Rolling stops are a great way to let your winners run while defining your risk.
- Tony--did Daisy pick out that tie?
- My intraday stochastics, while not giving sell signals yet, have worked off their "coiledness."
- BKX cweeping back--watch this group.
- OK--I'll say it again. PLEASE, my friends, PLEASE do not comment, praise, assess, note or judge my trades while they're still open. I'm very superstitious and I believe that mushes are a traders worst enemy.
- I love John Hughes movies.
- I've put my therapist in therapy.
- Storage and specialty pharma act o.k today.
- N's over S's.
- The greenback is getting hit. Shocker, Frokker!
- A hospital, what is it? It's a large brick building with patients inside--but that's not important right now!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter