Have a good weekend!
- Scotto Reamer - "The Godfather"?
- "The word 'genius' isn't applicable in football. A genius is a guy like Norman Einstein." - Joe Theisman, quarterback and sports analyst, LT's tackling dummy
- Exxon Mobil (XOM) took over General Electric (GE) as the largest market cap today (that fits with the bigger picture view Toddo has discussed energy / financials)
- Lassie just doesn't help Timmy out quite the same way anymore.
- Crazy Kiwis
- Popularity check!
- Our fund has never been larger in long gamma. We have been buying long convexity at prices where I think we can at least break-even, even with daily volatility this low.
This leaves us with a cheap call option on profits if volatility picks up. --Prof Succo on today's Buzz
- If saving Toby isn't up your alley, maybe partying with Kermit is.
- Latest fund flow data from AMG
- New First Aid signs popping up everywhere.
- And the winner was...Dan Marino!
- The Tedy Bruschi situation is a scary one and should be a reminder that tomorrow is promised to no one. Luckily his was just a "minor" stroke and hopefully we'll see him on the football field again.
- Meehan concedes that he's a bit skeptical on Kentucky's chances this year (though is quick to say, "watch out next year") but still wanted to point out their dominance.
- "Every sector was in the red Thursday, Healthcare being the least affected by the weak tape, down only .15%. With volume increasing on the NYSE, the S&P underwent distribution, a fact made more interesting by its proximity to resistance. The NDX failed the gap, and the modest breakout through the 1545 barrier intra-day is clearly a failure. Support levels for the SPX and NDX come in at 1190 and 1500 respectfully, on the short-term charts. Under those points and distribution scores yet another blow to the bulls." -- Lehman's Jeff DeGraaf
- You should've seen where the website re-directed to.
- Don't get in the way of an oil trader.
- I REALLY need to move
- I don't recommend making him mad
- Have a great weekend and thank you very much for all of your support.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter