By Todd Harrison Feb 18, 2004 11:43 am
- Mama, don't let your babies grow up to be Fokkers.
- Mind the gaps from yesterday's opening. A trade below S&P 1153 (NDX 1497) "works" to S&P 1146 (NDX 1485).
- Pretty bird....pretty bird...
- While plenty of folks are of (and had) the opinion that a correction is due, I haven't heard one strategist or analyst predict an outright failure.
- Brokerage houses are notorious for adding staff near the highs and cutting payrolls near the lows.
- Almonds...or cashews?
- Breadth, as a tell, is a better indicator when it's overtly positive or negative for the majority of the session.
- Comcast (CMCSK:NASD) bids for Disney (DIS:NYSE). Disney buying Muppets. Daisy getting primped.
- Nemont Mining (NEM:NYSE) continues to tug-o-war at $45.
- Minyanville quiz: What is the only state that permits residents to cast absentee ballots from space? The first right answer will win a snazzy critter tee!
- Why would anybody mind bee's wax?
- Fixed income is all over the map today.
- The biotechs continue to flex and impress.
- Applied Materials (AMAT:NASD) reports after the close and it'll color tomorrow's semi action...which will affect tech...which will impact the market (either way). Keep an eye peeled for the semiconductor book-to-bill tomorrow as well.
- Minyanville is proud to announce that Timothy Olsen, author of "The Teenage Investor: How to Start Early, Invest Often & Build Wealth" (McGraw-Hill, 2003) and the subject of a domestic comedy series currently in development by Kevin Spacey's Trigger Street Productions for FOX television, will be joining our family next week. Tim, a legitimate wunderkind, will be contributing to the elementary school, UMV and, at times, the Gazette. Welcome aboard Doogie!
- February expiration is Friday and we're seeing a fair amount of merchandise being "rolled" out to later months.
- Steve and Susan should get a room.
- Is that a dandruff in the VXO I see?
- Fawn Leibowitz please.
- I wish that Elmer was my poker partner. Unlimited chips!
- Ciena (CIEN:NASD), Charter Communications (CHTR:NASD), Daimler Chrysler (DCX:NYSE), Genzyme (GENZ:NASD), Nextel (NXTL:NASD), Target (TGT:NYSE) and Wal-Mart (WMT:NYSE) all report tomorrow morning.
- Got some mini-Minyans running around? Make sure they know that school starts Monday!
- There's nothing in today's action (thus far) that frightens Hoofy but he's keeping an eye out for those gaps.
- What's so great about sliced bread?
- Watch those brokers...the financials should lead the tape higher if they get traction.
- If you wanna get on your cat's good side, give him/her some freshly sliced turkey.
- Remember the name. Susan Wein.
- Mittens are underrated.
- I still can't decide if politics have always been this murky or if I'm finally getting old enough to see it.
- If I had one wish, it would be to spend time with my grandfather when he was my age.
position in qqq, nem
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter