- Mama, don't let your babies grow up to be Fokkers.
- Mind the gaps from yesterday's opening. A trade below S&P 1153 (NDX 1497) "works" to S&P 1146 (NDX 1485).
- Pretty bird....pretty bird...
- While plenty of folks are of (and had) the opinion that a correction is due, I haven't heard one strategist or analyst predict an outright failure.
- Brokerage houses are notorious for adding staff near the highs and cutting payrolls near the lows.
- Almonds...or cashews?
- Breadth, as a tell, is a better indicator when it's overtly positive or negative for the majority of the session.
- Comcast (CMCSK:NASD) bids for Disney (DIS:NYSE). Disney buying Muppets. Daisy getting primped.
- Nemont Mining (NEM:NYSE) continues to tug-o-war at $45.
- Minyanville quiz: What is the only state that permits residents to cast absentee ballots from space? The first right answer will win a snazzy critter tee!
- Why would anybody mind bee's wax?
- Fixed income is all over the map today.
- The biotechs continue to flex and impress.
- Applied Materials (AMAT:NASD) reports after the close and it'll color tomorrow's semi action...which will affect tech...which will impact the market (either way). Keep an eye peeled for the semiconductor book-to-bill tomorrow as well.
- Minyanville is proud to announce that Timothy Olsen, author of "The Teenage Investor: How to Start Early, Invest Often & Build Wealth" (McGraw-Hill, 2003) and the subject of a domestic comedy series currently in development by Kevin Spacey's Trigger Street Productions for FOX television, will be joining our family next week. Tim, a legitimate wunderkind, will be contributing to the elementary school, UMV and, at times, the Gazette. Welcome aboard Doogie!
- February expiration is Friday and we're seeing a fair amount of merchandise being "rolled" out to later months.
- Steve and Susan should get a room.
- Is that a dandruff in the VXO I see?
- Fawn Leibowitz please.
- I wish that Elmer was my poker partner. Unlimited chips!
- Ciena (CIEN:NASD), Charter Communications (CHTR:NASD), Daimler Chrysler (DCX:NYSE), Genzyme (GENZ:NASD), Nextel (NXTL:NASD), Target (TGT:NYSE) and Wal-Mart (WMT:NYSE) all report tomorrow morning.
- Got some mini-Minyans running around? Make sure they know that school starts Monday!
- There's nothing in today's action (thus far) that frightens Hoofy but he's keeping an eye out for those gaps.
- What's so great about sliced bread?
- Watch those brokers...the financials should lead the tape higher if they get traction.
- If you wanna get on your cat's good side, give him/her some freshly sliced turkey.
- Remember the name. Susan Wein.
- Mittens are underrated.
- I still can't decide if politics have always been this murky or if I'm finally getting old enough to see it.
- If I had one wish, it would be to spend time with my grandfather when he was my age.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter