- Whiplash anyone? This is nutty stuff--but it's the hand we've been dealt.
- Will be break the October lows? It's a matter of "when" not "if" in my humble opinion. THE question I'm debating is whether it needs to happen before the Sham (hard lift).
- Dentists have recommended that a toothbrush be kept at least 6 feet away from a toilet to avoid airborne particles resulting from the flush--and no, I didn't get this from Kim Dispigna!
- Could we rally today? I suppose. Am I playing it that way? Nope--no edge.
- Donkeys kill more people annually than plane crashes. Bad Ass!
- NYSE breadth is down. wow.
- The long side trade was/is dancing between the elephants in a big way!
- Apples, not caffeine, are more efficient at waking you up in the morning.
- The banks, despite their quick spike, act lethargic.
- The average person accidentally eats 430 bugs each year of their life.
- Rally on a war? Don't know--I wanna see where we are if/when it starts.
- There's "gap" risk to both sides of the tape.
- Why do I get the sense that when the Sham (rally) kicks in, it's gonna be a vicious move to the upside?
- The lower end of the trend channels (21-day gip) are NDX 935ish and S&P 804ish. Speaking of which, I know that there's a LOT of stops under yesterday's lows--IF we get down there, be vewy careful.
- Marilyn Monroe had six toes.
- Under the "know thy self" rule, I'm fried and tired after these last few weeks. Recipe to do less.
- Walt Disney was afraid of mice.
- Diggin' the critters? Please help us in spreading the word!
- Living well is the best revenge and imitation is the greatest form of flattery.
- 34 is upside resistance in Citigroup, 30.90 fills the gap on the downside.
- It's physically impossible for you to lick your elbow.
- Turtles can breathe through their butts.
- VIX flat.
- It's easy to say "trade proactively and use prices to your advantage" but entirely more difficult to do. Still, it's something that we all must strive for. Getting bullish higher and bearish lower is, by definition, a losing proposition.
- I've got a lunch meeting--fyi--and I'm gonna keep penning my random thoughts until it starts.
- I wish I could see the look on your colleague's face when they saw you trying to lick your elbow!
- Would I defend my country if I was needed? In a New York minute.
- I'm toying with the idea of flying down to Rubyville and surprising Dorothy for Valentine's Day.
- Does anybody else remember the day YHOO! was added to the S&P? Don't we all feel silly now?
- The brokers hang tough.
- Bowling is underrated.
- Send Casey some get well love at Casey@Minyanville.com. She's got the flu bug :-(
- Is this weekend akin to the fourth of July when terror threats freaked everyone out and, when nothing happened, the market spiked on Monday? I'm not sure--the biggest difference is the war variable.
- I'm no analyst but we're a LONG way from (historical) trough valuations.
- This is, by far, the longest random thoughts of all-time.
- If Hoofy was lactose intolerant, would he still be horny?
- I can't tell you when, but when those stochastics uncoil, hang onto your hat!
- The Yankee/Dodger World Series were classic. Ron Cey? Mickey Rivers? Sparky Lyle? Good stuff!
- What is the meaning of life? In my (most humble) estimation? Love.
- The fear of missing is a powerful drug.
- Trading is a young man's game but requires an old man's wisdom.
- Hey, sushi is here! I'll be back!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter