By Todd Harrison Feb 12, 2004 11:40 am
- Why do teeth chatter? And why do they call it chattering?
- The current mutual fund cash-to-asset ratio is 4.3%. The only time it's been lower in the last thirty years? March 2000.
- Dr. Marc Faber is advocating a long dollar position.
- If you're gonna scrub the rug, you might as well scrub it Fugly!
- It should never take something bad to make you realize you've got it so good.
- Professor Tuttle and Professor Roney will be starting next week...along with a few other surprises. Quality...not quantity.
- That wasn't the Stevie Cohen I thought it was gonna be.
- As it stands, the massive mega-relaunch is still a "go" for Thursday, February 19th (one week). The critters are working around the clock--we all are--to hit our deadline. Take me at my word--you're gonna be flabbergasted!
- The dollar index (DXY) is sitting right on multiyear lows. Right here.
- The Disney (DIS:NYSE) situation (and all its attendant elements) has made media, content and animation a "hot space." Giddy critters!
- Sir Michael reports tonight (DELL:NASD) and he typically triumphs the benefits of being a "have" vs. a "have not." The smarter guys I talk to are playing it short but I'm not involved. For what it's worth.
- Taser International (TASR:NASD) is up 51 points in three days (pre-split basis). Talk about a high pitched squeeze. Wowzers.
- Oh Fokker you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, hey Fokker, hey Fokker!
- March Madness Minyanfest?
- Minyan Quiz: What was the speed limit in New York City in 1895? The first correct answer sent to survey@Minyanville.com scores a free Minyanville tee!
- How great would it be if one of the Senators challenged Elmer to a thumb wrestle?
- GAAP....vs. Pro Forma. GAAP...vs. Pro Forma.
- The current P/E is 28 for the S&P and above 50 for the NDX.
- I didn't want to do this, but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to pull rank on you. I'm with the Mattress Police. There are no tags on these mattresses.
- White light to JTB.
- The most bullish action for the Minx would prolly be a sideways consolidation for a few days.
- What motivates the supply?
- The drillers should change their name to the thrillers.
- We're gonna get a bit more granular in the 'Ville but remember, Minyans, it's all offered in the vein of education.
- I wish a Senator would look at Elmer and say "spell chrysanthemum!"
- I'm making a concerted effort NOT to eat sushi today.
- Silver acts fantastic. So does Pan American Silver (PAAS:NASD).
- I'm watching Goldman Sachs (GS:NYSE) as a trading tell today on the heels of yesterday's mighty flight.
- Yes, we're still planning on holding the Critter's Choice Awards for the Ruby Peck Foundation of Children's Education. One step at a time.
- How did I know the macros were short covering yesterday? Multiple sources on the Street.
- Remember the Alamo?
- Breadth flattish.
- The biotechs are back at that level again.
position in qqq
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter