- Why do teeth chatter? And why do they call it chattering?
- The current mutual fund cash-to-asset ratio is 4.3%. The only time it's been lower in the last thirty years? March 2000.
- Dr. Marc Faber is advocating a long dollar position.
- If you're gonna scrub the rug, you might as well scrub it Fugly!
- It should never take something bad to make you realize you've got it so good.
- Professor Tuttle and Professor Roney will be starting next week...along with a few other surprises. Quality...not quantity.
- That wasn't the Stevie Cohen I thought it was gonna be.
- As it stands, the massive mega-relaunch is still a "go" for Thursday, February 19th (one week). The critters are working around the clock--we all are--to hit our deadline. Take me at my word--you're gonna be flabbergasted!
- The dollar index (DXY) is sitting right on multiyear lows. Right here.
- The Disney (DIS:NYSE) situation (and all its attendant elements) has made media, content and animation a "hot space." Giddy critters!
- Sir Michael reports tonight (DELL:NASD) and he typically triumphs the benefits of being a "have" vs. a "have not." The smarter guys I talk to are playing it short but I'm not involved. For what it's worth.
- Taser International (TASR:NASD) is up 51 points in three days (pre-split basis). Talk about a high pitched squeeze. Wowzers.
- Oh Fokker you're so fine, you're so fine you blow my mind, hey Fokker, hey Fokker!
- March Madness Minyanfest?
- Minyan Quiz: What was the speed limit in New York City in 1895? The first correct answer sent to survey@Minyanville.com scores a free Minyanville tee!
- How great would it be if one of the Senators challenged Elmer to a thumb wrestle?
- GAAP....vs. Pro Forma. GAAP...vs. Pro Forma.
- The current P/E is 28 for the S&P and above 50 for the NDX.
- I didn't want to do this, but I'm afraid I'm gonna have to pull rank on you. I'm with the Mattress Police. There are no tags on these mattresses.
- White light to JTB.
- The most bullish action for the Minx would prolly be a sideways consolidation for a few days.
- What motivates the supply?
- The drillers should change their name to the thrillers.
- We're gonna get a bit more granular in the 'Ville but remember, Minyans, it's all offered in the vein of education.
- I wish a Senator would look at Elmer and say "spell chrysanthemum!"
- I'm making a concerted effort NOT to eat sushi today.
- Silver acts fantastic. So does Pan American Silver (PAAS:NASD).
- I'm watching Goldman Sachs (GS:NYSE) as a trading tell today on the heels of yesterday's mighty flight.
- Yes, we're still planning on holding the Critter's Choice Awards for the Ruby Peck Foundation of Children's Education. One step at a time.
- How did I know the macros were short covering yesterday? Multiple sources on the Street.
- Remember the Alamo?
- Breadth flattish.
- The biotechs are back at that level again.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter