Hoofy! You're not acting like the bull I fell in love with!
- I always have my best thoughts in the shower. Not in an American Beauty sort of way (sicko)--in an epiphany sort of way!
- Every day, there seems to be "carrots" in the bull camp. Today, it's the dryness in the semis and financials.
- I've traded without shoes for over four years.
- Remember DAX 3000? Say hello to DAX 2500.
- Two-thirds of the world's eggplant is grown in New Jersey.
- There goes yesterday's low in the S&P.
- Tony just pinged me to say that there are so many "market strategists," he was thinking of changing his title to "market guy." Is that like "cable guy?"
- Pop Quiz! What was the name of the bar that Derek Zoolander told his pop about the black lung? Send your (one) answer to firstname.lastname@example.org and the winner gets a snazzy new Minyanville tee!
- Add the retail complex to the "dry traders" list.
- The action in gold reminds me of the "old" days when SUNW used to spring around 5 bucks at a time.
- A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds. I can relate. Relate to what?
- Pharma, across the board, acted sloppy out of the gate.
- The internals are edging towards--yup--2:1 losers over winners.
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
- Covering too soon and missing incremental profits is better than covering too late and chasing the squeeze.
- If you begin to incorporate workouts into your schedule, it'll seem less like working out and more like a natural part of your day.
- Am I scared? Yeah...I gotta be honest, I am. Could that be bullish? Absolutely.
- Opportunities are made up easier than losses.
- Despite the breadth, technicals and looming unknowns, I'm not pressing 'em here. IF I'm gonna play from the short side, it's gonna be fading (rallies) not pressing sell-offs. That said, I don't see compelling evidence of a Snapper either. Recipe to do less.
- Sashimi for lunch!
- Fokker's dad calls him Fokker. That's great!
- Iraq? Matters. Terrorism? Matters. Are those the only reasons that the market is struggling? No shot.
- I'm in the mood for a gaggle of Grey Geese!
- Ben Affleck is the bigger star...but Matt Damon is (by far) the better actor.
- We've got a BIG announcment coming regarding a new charity auction--keep your eyes peeled!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter