By Todd Harrison Feb 12, 2003 11:41 am
Hoofy! You're not acting like the bull I fell in love with!
- I always have my best thoughts in the shower. Not in an American Beauty sort of way (sicko)--in an epiphany sort of way!
- Every day, there seems to be "carrots" in the bull camp. Today, it's the dryness in the semis and financials.
- I've traded without shoes for over four years.
- Remember DAX 3000? Say hello to DAX 2500.
- Two-thirds of the world's eggplant is grown in New Jersey.
- There goes yesterday's low in the S&P.
- Tony just pinged me to say that there are so many "market strategists," he was thinking of changing his title to "market guy." Is that like "cable guy?"
- Pop Quiz! What was the name of the bar that Derek Zoolander told his pop about the black lung? Send your (one) answer to email@example.com and the winner gets a snazzy new Minyanville tee!
- Add the retail complex to the "dry traders" list.
- The action in gold reminds me of the "old" days when SUNW used to spring around 5 bucks at a time.
- A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds. I can relate. Relate to what?
- Pharma, across the board, acted sloppy out of the gate.
- The internals are edging towards--yup--2:1 losers over winners.
- A cat has 32 muscles in each ear.
- Covering too soon and missing incremental profits is better than covering too late and chasing the squeeze.
- If you begin to incorporate workouts into your schedule, it'll seem less like working out and more like a natural part of your day.
- Am I scared? Yeah...I gotta be honest, I am. Could that be bullish? Absolutely.
- Opportunities are made up easier than losses.
- Despite the breadth, technicals and looming unknowns, I'm not pressing 'em here. IF I'm gonna play from the short side, it's gonna be fading (rallies) not pressing sell-offs. That said, I don't see compelling evidence of a Snapper either. Recipe to do less.
- Sashimi for lunch!
- Fokker's dad calls him Fokker. That's great!
- Iraq? Matters. Terrorism? Matters. Are those the only reasons that the market is struggling? No shot.
- I'm in the mood for a gaggle of Grey Geese!
- Ben Affleck is the bigger star...but Matt Damon is (by far) the better actor.
- We've got a BIG announcment coming regarding a new charity auction--keep your eyes peeled!
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter