By Todd Harrison Feb 11, 2004 11:13 am
I can always count on my pal Elmer for a push!
- Ask yourself an honest question: Do you have a lifestyle...or do you have a workstyle?
- Please take the time to read "Going Global: The Hazard of Currency Reserves" in today's Wall Street Journal (C4).
- Elmer in a nutshell: "Prospects good" for sustained expansion, level of rates "appropriate" but "can't be kept unchanged indefinitely," employment "will pick up," "no material adverse effect" from the dollar squalor, "sharp spike in oil a growth risk," low rates haven't created 'excessive' liquidity" (pah-leeze) and the "budget deficit is a 'serious' long term' problem." All in all, more benign than not but remember, the Q&A is always the forum for bitter critters.
- Breadth has yet to support Snapper.
- The best part about being A.D.D has gotta be the eating habits. Today's sashimifest will make three meals in a row and it feels fresh every time!
- We're seeing sizable short covering in the Nazz (on Elmer). I'm hearing the macro gorillas were short into Sadie Hawkins and, while I don't know how much (or if) it grows, this is prolly that flow.
- The dynamic in the homies seems to have shifted. Look at the chart of Lennar (LEN:NYSE) as a textbook example of lower highs and lower lows. They're still capable of a group hug, mind you, but the trend change is notable.
- Every critter in Minyanville is working around the clock towards next week's mega-launch. It's increasingly shaping up as next Thursday's business and we're doing everything we can to make it happen. I promise you--when you see these new features, your jaw is gonna drop like Jim Carey in the Mask!
- The reverse dandruff pattern in the NDX (bullish) is still "there" but not yet confirmed.
- "I think that the film Clueless was very deep. I think it was deep in the way that it was very light. I think lightness has to come from a very deep place if it's true lightness." - Alicia Silverstone, actress
- Where the heck does the term "pet peeve" come from?
- Morgan Stanley Economist Sullivan hit the tape saying the Fed may raise rates. That's priced into the Fed Fund Futures but I wanted to communicate it nonetheless.
- Nobody ever talks about ring around the collar anymore.
- Watch the BKX as a post-Elmer tell.
- Perspective from Jeremy Grantham.
- Am swamped--lemme get this to you and swing back.
position in qqq
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter