Trade to win--but DON'T trade emotional!
- The Iraqi chatter (NI WAR on Bloomberg) hit the tape at 11:54 and caught the shorts looking the other way. Could this be the spark in the Minxy dry forest?
- Vince Carter should have given up his starting spot to Michael Jordan before it became an issue. To make a stink of it during the introductions was selfish and unnecessary.
- Big cap tech (ex-DELL) has traded dry all morning.
- Would any Maryland Minyans be interested in meeting for beers and schnitzel the weekend of February 22nd?
- Breadth just volleyed back to positive. Wow.
- S&P 840 should be the "a" resistance. S&P 870 is "the" resistance.
- Cheddar is the best-selling cheese in the U.S. with mozzarella a close second.
- Ben Stiller's wife, dad and mother were all in Zoolander. Tushee squeeze!
- On a five day chart, draw a trendline from last Wednesday's highs through Friday's opening. See that?
- If you've never heard Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner in The 2000 Year Old Man, find it and smile--it's great!
- I saw a couple of million share "takes" in the QQQ's right before the spike higher (macros) and when we got to S&P 835, I saw faders (read: sellers) the other way. Both sides are trading types--I still haven't seen the "real" money.
- I'm cranky when I'm sick...and the chicken noodle soup I just spilled on my shirt isn't helping.
- Every hour the Universe expands by a billion miles in all directions. That's trippy!
- As a function of my big picture beliefs, I've had a natural tendency to side with Boo. However, trading ONLY from the short side is akin to boxing with one hand tied behind your back.
- Most traders I talk to want to fade this rally. Once the uber-uber short term overbought condition is alleviated, I "think" they'll be one more leg (at least) that makes the bears think twice. S&P 840?
- Dollar up, crude down, gold down. Trifecta for the bulls.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter