By Todd Harrison Dec 09, 2002 12:46 pm
No, I'm NOT constipated...I'm just trying get the upside mojo workin!
- Gannon is (my vote for) MVP-but that throw that Farve made last night (11 minutes left in the 4th quarter, freezing the unblocked blitzer and slingin' a sidearm rope in the opposite direction) reminded me why he's one of the best ever.
- I gotta think this morning's carnage, on the heels of last week's sell pressure, is giving pause to the blind ambition crowd (who jumped on the year-end rally thesis).
- If Sir Isaac Newton were alive today, he'd be trading semiconductor stocks. Get it?
- I want to roll down my metaphorical bear appendage "stop" to S&P 900 but it's a bit granular. Let's meet in the middle and use a S&P 905 stop
- I ran the New York City Marathon in '92, '93 and '94...and one could argue I haven't been in shape since.
- The NY Post has fantastic horoscopes.
- The DRG stochastics are "almost" giving a buy signal.
- Atomic wings aren't given enough credit in culinary circles.
- The VIX has jumped almost 10 handles ince we discussed "buying paper." Not taking a victory lap--just observing that it's no longer at attractive levels.
- I saw my best friend and college roomate Kevin (affectionately known as "Fish") at our Friday night brotherfest--and it's amazing to me that despite matriculating to gray hair, he still has four paltry facial hairs
- What's the path of maximum frustration? That, Mon Frere, is where the market is going.
- Remember that scene in Fast Times at Ridgemont High when Phoebe Cates climbs out of the pool? Aloha Mr. Hand!
- My dilemma on the silly metaphorical imagery is purely a function of timing. Often, when penning this column, that's my biggest challenge-communicating my thoughts as they relate to the trade's horizon.
- I was generally disappointed by the Soprano's last night although the Carmella/Tony fight scenes were juicy. I really thought Furio was gonna sleep with dem fishes!
- Has anybody else picked up the volatility in XAU (gold/silver index)?
- The CYC just slipped through 450-just a heads up.
- The Gallery for the Arts is expecting a new shipment any day now and I'm being told that a percentage of select works will donate 10% of its proceeds to the Ruby Foundation.
- I've said it before and I'll say it again-the opposite of love isn't hate, its apathy and the market will find THE bottom when nobody gives a schnitz.
- If I could do three new things, I'd learn karate, play the guitar and speak French.
- This Iraqi "weapons declaration" is the very definition of politics.
- Do something Joel each day.
- I hope this finds you well.
no positions in stocks mentioned
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter