No, I'm NOT constipated...I'm just trying get the upside mojo workin!
- Gannon is (my vote for) MVP-but that throw that Farve made last night (11 minutes left in the 4th quarter, freezing the unblocked blitzer and slingin' a sidearm rope in the opposite direction) reminded me why he's one of the best ever.
- I gotta think this morning's carnage, on the heels of last week's sell pressure, is giving pause to the blind ambition crowd (who jumped on the year-end rally thesis).
- If Sir Isaac Newton were alive today, he'd be trading semiconductor stocks. Get it?
- I want to roll down my metaphorical bear appendage "stop" to S&P 900 but it's a bit granular. Let's meet in the middle and use a S&P 905 stop
- I ran the New York City Marathon in '92, '93 and '94...and one could argue I haven't been in shape since.
- The NY Post has fantastic horoscopes.
- The DRG stochastics are "almost" giving a buy signal.
- Atomic wings aren't given enough credit in culinary circles.
- The VIX has jumped almost 10 handles ince we discussed "buying paper." Not taking a victory lap--just observing that it's no longer at attractive levels.
- I saw my best friend and college roomate Kevin (affectionately known as "Fish") at our Friday night brotherfest--and it's amazing to me that despite matriculating to gray hair, he still has four paltry facial hairs
- What's the path of maximum frustration? That, Mon Frere, is where the market is going.
- Remember that scene in Fast Times at Ridgemont High when Phoebe Cates climbs out of the pool? Aloha Mr. Hand!
- My dilemma on the silly metaphorical imagery is purely a function of timing. Often, when penning this column, that's my biggest challenge-communicating my thoughts as they relate to the trade's horizon.
- I was generally disappointed by the Soprano's last night although the Carmella/Tony fight scenes were juicy. I really thought Furio was gonna sleep with dem fishes!
- Has anybody else picked up the volatility in XAU (gold/silver index)?
- The CYC just slipped through 450-just a heads up.
- The Gallery for the Arts is expecting a new shipment any day now and I'm being told that a percentage of select works will donate 10% of its proceeds to the Ruby Foundation.
- I've said it before and I'll say it again-the opposite of love isn't hate, its apathy and the market will find THE bottom when nobody gives a schnitz.
- If I could do three new things, I'd learn karate, play the guitar and speak French.
- This Iraqi "weapons declaration" is the very definition of politics.
- Do something Joel each day.
- I hope this finds you well.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter