Some thoughts running through my head (along w/ a mild fever and a rather interesting mix of sudafed and cough syrup):
- I don't know what level it comes from and I'm not involved in the name but I'd betcha (not to be confused with "I'd wager and/ or encourage you to wager") that the next double digit percent gain for Sirius (SIRI:NASD) is catalyzed by some analyst noting that sales are rocking this quarter, in part due to all this free pub.
- Safeway (SWY:NYSE) and other grocers make a lot more sense as "real estate plays" than Searsmart (KMRT, S) ever could. That said, wow, the punk margins and soul-crushing unions make groceries such a tough business.
- Electronic Arts (ERTS:NASD) is shaking off a downgrade from WR Hambrecht today, in part because of a positive initiation from Smith-Barney. For whatever it's worth I agree (and have said before) that numbers for the current Q and next year are coming down for ERTS... but the stock's Hoof-esque action makes me wonder if that matters.
- There's just something about the word "phlegm" that gets to folks. I've offered an alternative above.
- Sic transit Gloria... yesterday's (sardonic) "Flight to Quality" is getting reversed angrily today.
- I was doing great on ridding my head of "Jesse's Girl" (albeit with a lateral move to Smashmouth's "All(Dog)-Star") until Mr. Eisinger was on TV... where she was watchin' him with those eyes I just know it...
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter