By Todd Harrison Dec 08, 2003 12:18 pm
They keep pressin' 'em down but the banks dont budge!
- The banks hang tough. If (huge if) the financials take the leadership baton (to the upside), Hoofy will have a huge new feather in his cap.
- "Everyone is entitled to be stupid, but some people abuse the privilege." - Unknown
- The rotation migration out of retail continues.
- Intel (INTC:NASD) starting to act a little slippy.
- An octopus has three hearts.
- Perspective is everything--even in the markets.
- Stifler's mom!
- The breadth in the Nazz got stanky fast while the big board remains positive (although well off its best levels) S's over N's.
- Hoofy has the ball above S&P 1060.
- Southern Cal has a right to be pissed. OU should not be playing for the National Championship.
- The Minyanville holiday dinner will be in NYC on Wednesday, December 17th. A lucky Minyan (and guest) will join the Minyan professors, Mike Santoli, Fokker and the rest of our family to celebrate the season of giving. The auction begins tomorrow and all proceeds will benefit the Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education.
- If you can't decide if you're bullish and bearish, sit back and watch for a while.
- The energy patch continues act like it's under accumulation.
- There is nary a pause in the gold cause.
- I, for one, enjoyed being snowed in.
- Is the smackdown January's business? If we don't take out S&P 1060 shortly, it becomes a distinct possibility.
- Minyan Trivia: You're money and you don't even know it! What was the logo on the tee shirt that Mikey was wearing the morning after he met Lorraine? The first correct answer sent to email@example.com wins a snazzy new critter tee!
- The most bullish thing on my screen? The financials and the fact that we're (thus far) holding support. The most bearish? The retailers, the dollar and the internets.
- The critters will be spending the holiday sprucing up Minyanville. Look for a slew of new features to roll out in January. UMV, the elementary school, Buzz & Banter, IM alerts, font control....and so much more!
- There's all kinds of chatter floating around that the Microsoft (MSFT:NASD) "hedger" is getting close to being cleaned up. I have no edge in knowing that, mind you, but that's what traders have been chatting about.
- Hansel. He's so hot right now. Hansel.
- How many pressers are trying to break S&P 1060/NDX 1400. How many complacent bulls are leaning against the same?
- Are you overtrading?
- Wanna see a team that's just given up and has no will to win? Silver and Black, baby.
- Bass Trading is donating all of today's profits to children's charity. You're a good man Steve Starker!
position in spx
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter