There's always lunch to look forward to!
- "Opportunity follows struggle. It follows effort. It follows hard work. It doesn't come before." -- Shelby Steele
- How many pecks can on OPEC peck if an OPEC can peck some wood?
- Bad Buck!
- "There is nothing more important than family." --Ruby Peck
- Intel (INTC:NASD) seems to be guiding down the outlook for their communications group. CEO Craig Barrett offers that Intel will need "a strong flash market" for the segment to turn a profit. Other highlights from the meeting so far: Intel has "recovered from product missteps" that they seem to have confessed to just this morning (not that others didn't notice) and the company is going to focus on "better" vs. "faster" chips." -Jeff Macke on today's Buzz.
- Jimmy's sweet on you!
- The Fleck trek!
- Crude is dribblin' down 1.5% lower and probing the 200-day moving average for the second time; (it Snapped hard the first).
- "It's uncanny how cheerful the economic outlook seems to analysts whose ideas are unbaked by any apparent knowledge about the economy. Among the fatuous bits of applesauce dropped from the table of CNBC's monthly employment report was the idea that the inevitable adjustment to the U.S. current account deficit will be good for U.S. growth. The argument is so circular that it's impossible to know where to start." - John Hussman, Hussman Funds
- Phoebe cum laude!
- The S&P can't close within a point of 1191 for the fifth day in a row. Can it?
- No, Meehan, you can't plant the seed.
- You be Mc'Illin.
- What's more unpopular: volatility trading or contrarian bets?
- Is Mother Morgan a bear among the sheep?
- I officially put the mush on the Orange with this morning's Buzz.
- She must have HUGE eyes!
- Tiny bubbles.
- Happy Chanukah to those Minyans celebrating the festival of lights.
- Paging Dr. Emil Schluaffhausen. Paging Dr. Emil Schluaffhausen....
- Horror story!
- The most bullish thing on my screen is the traction in the brokerage names, the slippage in crude and the sticky semis (in the face of Intel (INTC:NASD). The nosty NYSE breadth and sluggish cyclicals (ex-Caterpillar (CAT:NYSE)) remain cause for pause.
- Cereal killer!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter