By Marcus Laun Dec 07, 2004 11:40 am
There's always lunch to look forward to!
- "Opportunity follows struggle. It follows effort. It follows hard work. It doesn't come before." -- Shelby Steele
- How many pecks can on OPEC peck if an OPEC can peck some wood?
- Bad Buck!
- "There is nothing more important than family." --Ruby Peck
- Intel (INTC:NASD) seems to be guiding down the outlook for their communications group. CEO Craig Barrett offers that Intel will need "a strong flash market" for the segment to turn a profit. Other highlights from the meeting so far: Intel has "recovered from product missteps" that they seem to have confessed to just this morning (not that others didn't notice) and the company is going to focus on "better" vs. "faster" chips." -Jeff Macke on today's Buzz.
- Jimmy's sweet on you!
- The Fleck trek!
- Crude is dribblin' down 1.5% lower and probing the 200-day moving average for the second time; (it Snapped hard the first).
- "It's uncanny how cheerful the economic outlook seems to analysts whose ideas are unbaked by any apparent knowledge about the economy. Among the fatuous bits of applesauce dropped from the table of CNBC's monthly employment report was the idea that the inevitable adjustment to the U.S. current account deficit will be good for U.S. growth. The argument is so circular that it's impossible to know where to start." - John Hussman, Hussman Funds
- Phoebe cum laude!
- The S&P can't close within a point of 1191 for the fifth day in a row. Can it?
- No, Meehan, you can't plant the seed.
- You be Mc'Illin.
- What's more unpopular: volatility trading or contrarian bets?
- Is Mother Morgan a bear among the sheep?
- I officially put the mush on the Orange with this morning's Buzz.
- She must have HUGE eyes!
- Tiny bubbles.
- Happy Chanukah to those Minyans celebrating the festival of lights.
- Paging Dr. Emil Schluaffhausen. Paging Dr. Emil Schluaffhausen....
- Horror story!
- The most bullish thing on my screen is the traction in the brokerage names, the slippage in crude and the sticky semis (in the face of Intel (INTC:NASD). The nosty NYSE breadth and sluggish cyclicals (ex-Caterpillar (CAT:NYSE)) remain cause for pause.
- Cereal killer!
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter