This one's for you Daisy!
- If you work very hard just to get to the weekend and then spend the weekend getting ready for work, you're missing the bigger picture.
- After an embarrassingly long groveling period, Katie took Martin back and the kid is eligible for a bonus again (but we may stiff him anyway).
- If the big picture bear thesis is right, the three best (longer term) shorts in the market are financials, retailers and gaming stocks (just my humble opinion).
- The Knicks lost their mojo when they traded Oak.
- My sense is that NDX 1050 holds the first time around-big support (resistance) typically isn't broken from oversold (overbought) conditions. Still, I'm keeping one leg in the bear costume as I want to honor the Razor Burn thesis I've been talking about for over a month.
- I just got my Snapper t-shirt and it's pretty awesome!
- Either my cat Zoe is addicted to catnip or she's just naturally a freak. Hey-they say cats take after their owners!
- Achtung baby! The German DAX is getting smoked (down 3%).
- There were just cheese sticks on my trading desk and between Junior, JJ and Bucky (fastest hands on Wall Street), I didn't even get a look!
- I've been scanning for names outside of tech to trade-less crowded.
- I don't trust anybody that hates animals.
- Every game is a must game for the Raiders as the A.F.C is still up for grabs.
- Negative energy is a drag.
- When you look back at this juncture of the market six months from now, will you be happy with the decisions you're making today?
- We've got Minyans all over the world but the most remote reader I've seen is from Malta. Where the heck is Malta?
- Look at a daily chart of the market, then look at a weekly chart, then look at a monthly chart, then look at a yearly chart, then look at a five year chart. See what I'm saying about identifying a time frame on your exposure?
- I love peas.
- Goldman downgraded the specialty retailers mid-morning (if you didn't already know).
- Donate some time this holiday season and volunteer-karma is a wonderful thing.
- If you believe in the regression to the historical mean of return (I do), doesn't it stand to reason that we'll see a regression to the historical mean of valuation? In other words, if the P/E overshot to the upside during the bubble, don't they have to compress below the historical average as we recover?
- I read an article today that says the crispier your food is, the unhealthier it is for you. That sucks....for me.
- Do you think Fonzi and Joanie ever "did it?"
- Are the dip buyers scared yet?
- While your focusing on Intel's mid-quarter update, don't forget that we have a Seattle Slew of economic reports tomorrow morning.
- I can't stop eating-it's getting embarrassing.
- Congrats Dale and Renee on your pending nuptials! Lotsa Mazel!
- I hope this finds you well.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter