It's damn hard being this good.
- Wanna see a funky new watch? Philip Stein has introduced its new collection.
- Did anybody catch the cryptic nature of the characters in Professor Succo's piece yesterday?
- How painful was that scene in Swingers when Mikey called that chick eight times?
- The dollar is pretty oversold. What happens to equities when a retracement occurs?
- Does anybody else see that potential dandruff in Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE)?
- ______ a doodle doo.
- Do you think King Abdullah ever walks around his palace saying "It's good to be the king!"?
- Send some love and support your local critters at the same time!
- DJ newswire reported this morning that China has scaled back its purchases of US bonds. In September, Chinese institutions were actually net sellers of U.S government and agency debt by $2.8 billion. There is speculation that they're going to use the proceeds to build up a 90-day strategic oil reserve.
- Who's more nervous in front of tomorrow's data? I'll betcha it's Boo.
- I never imagined a back injury could be so painful.
- Cisco (CSCO:NASD) continues to impress. It's hard to see the Nazz faltering with this name so jiggy.
- Setting stops removes emotion.
- Expectations: unemployment rate: 6.0%, avg. hourly earnings .2%, change in non-critter payrolls 150k, change in manufacturing payrolls -12k, avg weekly hours 33.8, factory orders 2.1%, consumer credit $5 billion.
- The energy patch, after a one day pause, is perking up again. The OSX (oil service) looks like it wants to poke through its 50-day moving average (86).
- The quicker the NASDAQ comp retests 2000, the more bullish it would be.
- Will the mid-afternoon presser be back today?
- Since I've started Random Thoughts, the dollar index (DXY) has spurted up almost 1%. I guess that answers our earlier question.
- Breadth flattish now. Still lagging but not as bad.
- One of the best parts about this time of year is that we'll start hearing Adam Sandler's Chanukah song again.
- He must have an amazing Schwanstucker!
- Watch S&P 1070 (then 1075) as initial resistance.
- Nobody has ever seen Fokker and Mark Ratner in the same room at the same time.
- I think Paris should do a Deliverance skit.
- Remember, until S&P 1060 is breached, the bulls have the ball.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter