By Marcus Laun Dec 04, 2003 11:07 am
It's damn hard being this good.
- Wanna see a funky new watch? Philip Stein has introduced its new collection.
- Did anybody catch the cryptic nature of the characters in Professor Succo's piece yesterday?
- How painful was that scene in Swingers when Mikey called that chick eight times?
- The dollar is pretty oversold. What happens to equities when a retracement occurs?
- Does anybody else see that potential dandruff in Fannie Mae (FNM:NYSE)?
- ______ a doodle doo.
- Do you think King Abdullah ever walks around his palace saying "It's good to be the king!"?
- Send some love and support your local critters at the same time!
- DJ newswire reported this morning that China has scaled back its purchases of US bonds. In September, Chinese institutions were actually net sellers of U.S government and agency debt by $2.8 billion. There is speculation that they're going to use the proceeds to build up a 90-day strategic oil reserve.
- Who's more nervous in front of tomorrow's data? I'll betcha it's Boo.
- I never imagined a back injury could be so painful.
- Cisco (CSCO:NASD) continues to impress. It's hard to see the Nazz faltering with this name so jiggy.
- Setting stops removes emotion.
- Expectations: unemployment rate: 6.0%, avg. hourly earnings .2%, change in non-critter payrolls 150k, change in manufacturing payrolls -12k, avg weekly hours 33.8, factory orders 2.1%, consumer credit $5 billion.
- The energy patch, after a one day pause, is perking up again. The OSX (oil service) looks like it wants to poke through its 50-day moving average (86).
- The quicker the NASDAQ comp retests 2000, the more bullish it would be.
- Will the mid-afternoon presser be back today?
- Since I've started Random Thoughts, the dollar index (DXY) has spurted up almost 1%. I guess that answers our earlier question.
- Breadth flattish now. Still lagging but not as bad.
- One of the best parts about this time of year is that we'll start hearing Adam Sandler's Chanukah song again.
- He must have an amazing Schwanstucker!
- Watch S&P 1070 (then 1075) as initial resistance.
- Nobody has ever seen Fokker and Mark Ratner in the same room at the same time.
- I think Paris should do a Deliverance skit.
- Remember, until S&P 1060 is breached, the bulls have the ball.
position in fnm
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter