Things that make you go hmmmm and things to be grateful for:
· Oil was up on a spike and the market found a reason to sell off - OPEC (because they are good guys) announced they stand ready to increase production if they need to. So what really changed? Nothing but the perception! Venezuela is still on strike, Iraq hasn't changed and OPEC hasn't increased production yet. Oil was up too much and traders were looking for a reason to take profits.
· Consumer Confidence was a real disappointment relative to expectations, yet bonds are up, but not by as much as I would have thought and yields remain near mid-November levels. Looks like the market decided to manage expectations before me!
· I just ate about 15 of those Hershey mini bars. Do ya think eating a salad will make that indulgence feel better? Not when I can start the year over tomorrow!
· I really miss my buddy Toddo - more from not having him ping me hello than any great market insight. A true friend, great thinker and terrific guy. And even better, introduced me to the kind hearted and talented Casey who has also become a good friend. I love it when she uses that word collaborate. Nice work Bon.
· I am very grateful to the management and financial advisors of Kirlin Securities who put up with my wackiness and give me a place to go everyday.
· The road to hell is paved with good intentions - BUT - so is the road to HEAVEN!
· If I am always looking forward to the next thing, how can I enjoy the thing I am doing?
· I am grateful for wanting what I have vs. having what I want. History has shown that I don't always know what is best for me.
· I feel so wrong about the "bounce" view, that it can't be that far away.
· I heard a great line recently - "Would you rather be right or be happy?" I have stopped arguing when it serves no purpose.
· How come happy people always hang around happy people?!
Email me with your favorite sayings and random thoughts and we will see if we can post a few. Remember that Minyanville is an inclusive place, not an exclusive place!
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter