By Todd Harrison Dec 03, 2004 2:33 pm
Fare ye well into the bell!
- Well Minyans, here it is--the first ever "four-peat" of the Randoms format. It isn't a function of choice as seeds of sickness have planted bugs and frogs within me. Under normal circumstances, I would crawl home for a Friday night face plant and stay in bed 'till I shook it off. This is a unique juncture for Minyanville, however, and it requires that I work through the weekend. I'm not complaining--when you see what we've been up to, I think you'll agree that it's well worth the effort.
- Crude is hovering above the 200-day moving average after touching it for the first time this year. I am bullish on the commodity for a trade (not advice) as I think technicals have a tendency to self-fulfill.
- I can smell .500. I can taste .500! I can feel .500!
- We gotta get this guy on the 'Ville.
- Somebody has gotta fire the Donald.
- As Pepe said, the piggies are one of the last bastions of ursine hope. The BKX has now put in a "lower high" after the November spike and is off one percent on the session.
- And I'm complaining about being sick?
- Never forget.
- "The Philadelphia Oil Service Sector Index (OSX) is down 8% since its peak on November 26 but remains up 26% on a year-to-date basis and is up 37% on a year-over-year basis. The index is still supported by upward sloping 50- and 200-day (10 week and 40 week) moving averages and is in a clear uptrend and its pattern is longer-term bullish." Uber-Minyan John Roque of Natexis Bleichroeder.
- Phil is NOT a critter!
- "You ever feel like deja vu? That's not life passing you by, that's life lapping you." Sean Mueller
- No wonder!
- The Madrid gas station bombings didn't injure anyone today (thankfully) but it remains to be seen if it impacts psychology. With sentiment so complacent and everyone standing on one side of the boat, the potential to capsize increases in kind. That, of course, doesn't mean that a wave will emerge but we should stick a critter in the crow's nest just in case.
- Bubble boys! Our entire office is now sick--thank you Bill Meehan--and we're running on fumes. Zicam--take me away!
- I'm gonna hop back over to the Buzz and ride this puppy into the weekend. I sincerely hope you have a peaceful, safe and restful respite. Next week will be chock full of action--both in the market and in the 'Ville--so enjoy your down time and don't stress over things you can't change.
- May peace be with you.
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter