Fare ye well into the bell!
- Well Minyans, here it is--the first ever "four-peat" of the Randoms format. It isn't a function of choice as seeds of sickness have planted bugs and frogs within me. Under normal circumstances, I would crawl home for a Friday night face plant and stay in bed 'till I shook it off. This is a unique juncture for Minyanville, however, and it requires that I work through the weekend. I'm not complaining--when you see what we've been up to, I think you'll agree that it's well worth the effort.
- Crude is hovering above the 200-day moving average after touching it for the first time this year. I am bullish on the commodity for a trade (not advice) as I think technicals have a tendency to self-fulfill.
- I can smell .500. I can taste .500! I can feel .500!
- We gotta get this guy on the 'Ville.
- Somebody has gotta fire the Donald.
- As Pepe said, the piggies are one of the last bastions of ursine hope. The BKX has now put in a "lower high" after the November spike and is off one percent on the session.
- And I'm complaining about being sick?
- Never forget.
- "The Philadelphia Oil Service Sector Index (OSX) is down 8% since its peak on November 26 but remains up 26% on a year-to-date basis and is up 37% on a year-over-year basis. The index is still supported by upward sloping 50- and 200-day (10 week and 40 week) moving averages and is in a clear uptrend and its pattern is longer-term bullish." Uber-Minyan John Roque of Natexis Bleichroeder.
- Phil is NOT a critter!
- "You ever feel like deja vu? That's not life passing you by, that's life lapping you." Sean Mueller
- No wonder!
- The Madrid gas station bombings didn't injure anyone today (thankfully) but it remains to be seen if it impacts psychology. With sentiment so complacent and everyone standing on one side of the boat, the potential to capsize increases in kind. That, of course, doesn't mean that a wave will emerge but we should stick a critter in the crow's nest just in case.
- Bubble boys! Our entire office is now sick--thank you Bill Meehan--and we're running on fumes. Zicam--take me away!
- I'm gonna hop back over to the Buzz and ride this puppy into the weekend. I sincerely hope you have a peaceful, safe and restful respite. Next week will be chock full of action--both in the market and in the 'Ville--so enjoy your down time and don't stress over things you can't change.
- May peace be with you.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter