By Marcus Laun Dec 03, 2004 8:13 am
Hit 'em hard!
- What's the record for consecutive Random Thoughts columns? The correct answer is three...but we may break that record today! I tried to scribe my morning vibe but I'm sick as a puppy and had to defer to this format.
- Does anyone else get the sense that there are SIZE sellers of Bonds out there?
- I thought Macke did great on Bullseye last night. I'm not sure if the Europeans and Japanese agree but let them eat Yenos!
- I had dinner last night with two of my closest friends in the business. One guy is a top dawg trader on the sell side and the other manages a bean on the buy side. While the former fella is finding buyers on every dip ("not huge but consistent"), the latter thinks we've topped out for a bit. I offered that a strong payrolls would be the best thing for his bear case.
- I believe that there's a huge opportunity in the trending convergence of media and entertainment.
- "It could be that the Dow Jones goes to 100,000 but the dollar drops by 99%."
- "Life is a series of experiences, each one of which makes us bigger, even though sometimes it is hard to realize this. For the world was built to develop character, and we must learn that the setbacks and grievances which we endure help us in our marching onward." -- Henry Ford
- Keep an eye on the piggies on the heels of Beeks. IF the number is strong and bonds get hit, the financials should tell the tale and set the tone. N's over S's? Prolly...but the banks are the cornerstone of any sustainable market rally.
- Yuan Valdez!
- I said Doctor (Doctor), Mr. M.D (Doctor).
- I'll repeat it just because I think it's so important. The two best pieces of advice I ever got were that successful people view obstacles as opportunities and that the only difference between success and failure is tenacity.
- There's gold in dem dar noodles!
- The Intel (INTC:NASD) swell will push the semis through the 200-day to start the day. Please remember that the chips have underperformed the techs all year and some ketchup shouldn't surprise you. The last few weeks have been "mean reverting" in some sector bets and asset sets (crude).
- I've got the frog n' clog thing going on right now and it ain't fun!
- Kitty litter!
- Treat yourself, your friends and your family to critter gifts for the holidays!
- Some vibes from the linebacker economist.
- Hoofy and Boo vs. the Mario Brothers?
- I'm meeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeelting.
- Getting ready for the weekend with Bernie.
- It's a matter of time before the buy side/sell side "pay to play" relationships hit the front pages and paint our industry in a bad light. When will it "matter?" Prolly after the tape fails and folks look to point fingers.
- It's a buck dancer's choice my friend...
- I've got a double secret surprise looming for all the professors attending the December 22 Minyanville holiday dinner. And no, it's not Daisy jumping out of a cake!
- Good luck today!
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter