Things I've Learned
The only difference between a lesson and a mistake is the ability to learn from it.
- All you have is your name and your word.
- Time is the most precious commodity.
- The purpose of the journey is the journey itself.
- What goes around, comes around.
- The greatest wisdom is bred as a function of pain.
- Bad times define good friends just as bad seasons define good fans.
- Be good to others and better to yourself.
- Work to live. Don't live to work.
- Time is the arbiter of all fate.
- Free will is God's greatest gift.
- Opportunities are made up easier than losses.
- The only difference between intervention and manipulation is communication.
- One hand washes the other.
- Where you stand is a function of where you sit.
- The only difference between genius and madness is acceptance.
- Negative energy is wasted energy.
- Reaction to news is more important than the news itself.
- Take the high road. It's less crowded and boasts a much better view.
- To appreciate where we are, you must understand how we got here.
- The opposite of love isn't hate, it's apathy.
- Stay out of debt.
- The friction between opinions is where true education resides.
- A dream is only as powerful as those who believe in it.
- Money comes and goes.
- The best way to build a growth company is by surrounding yourself with people who can themselves grow.
- Tenacity and resolve are the hallmarks of success.
- The ability to view obstacles as opportunities is a powerful perspective.
- The only difference between a lesson and a mistake is the ability to learn from it.
- Think positive!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter