Missing Links and Random Thoughts
"I'm not sleeping... just resting my eyes."
I suppose I could pretend that the markets are providing ample opportunity for snark, insight and wisdom today but I'm pretty sure I wouldn't be fooling anyone.
Let's just spend some time rafting down my own stream of thought for some random-ness. The theme is no-theme, any market related content is incidental:
- In the big picture aren't we all Terminal?
- If there is an afterwold waiting for us to complete the Rave formerly known as "life", this guy will spend eternity as a chew toy.
- The White House is using the same "misspoke" excuse to explain Rumsfeld mentioning "The CIA teaming with the Commies and the Mob to whack that JFK punk".
- The hard part for the rescue team was trying to distinguish between the model and the branches to which she clung.
- Whatever happened to John Kerry?
- Wherever Kerry is, it was nice of the President to send one of his friends there to keep him company ("Hey, John, Franklin here... let's fill this free time yachting and talking about how to get rich in Government work")
- "The hatchback is supposed to fly open in a crash. That's why we call it the 'Escape'."
- One record not being hyped by Detroit: the record number of recalls being set this year!
- Speaking of Kennedy conspiracies, Nemesis was my favorite book of the summer
- "Meet the Fokkers": One joke and I just told it.
- Once you have a kid you start taking bad movies personally since you don't get to go out and see them very often.
- On the point of kids, I'm deeeeeelighted to report that all the white light being sent my family's way did the trick; the (pending) kid seems to be a fighter. Never underestimate the powers of positive thought and hope.
- But never use "positive thought and hope" as an investment strategy.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter