Of course, I NEVER had a doubt!
- Expiration action is typically seen in the days prior to the actual expiry. During the actual day, the opening and close are typically busy and everything else is drifty.
- My favorite Minyanville tee is the faded blue athletic department shirt.
- Game on! S&P 895 is triggered and I am dancing with two legs in my metaphorical bear costume (50% conviction on the short side). I'm using a tight S&P 900 stop.
- Crimson Tide was the best submarine movie ever.
- You can lead a cow upstairs but not downstairs. Sucks for Hoofy!
- All's quiet on the macro front.
- I watched the new David Gilmour DVD three times last night-it's that good!
- My traders-Bucky, Junior and JJ-comprise the best desk I've ever had the privilege of working on.
- You are more likely to be killed by a champagne cork than a poisonous spider. Somebody tell Michael Jackson!
- Do I still think the tape has significant downside risk? Yes. Do I think its next week's business? I'm....not sure.
- My last lunch is Blue Smoke Barbeque-and it's tremendous!
- The most bullish action in the market is the traction in the financials (on settlement relief) although I (continue to) think that they have much bigger issues.
- A goldfish has a memory span of three seconds. I can relate!
- Once again, thank you Mark Mazzer for stepping up in the charity auction. You're a good dude.
- If I was one of the se7en deadly sins, I'd be gluttony.
- While I'm away, eyeball S&P 925 and NDX 1060ish as the upper band of the "right shoulder." If they get through there, the dandruff could abate.
- Take the time to smile this holiday season. You bust your ass all year long and deserve a break!
- Why do I drink diet Pepsi with chocolate chip cookies?
- The state of Vermont has produced twice as many presidents as hockey players.
- If today wasn't my last trading day of the year, I would likely scale into short exposure rather than stopping it out (using the above mentioned levels as stops).
- I'm thinking of Bill Meehan and his family a lot lately.
- Specialty Pharma is a can of worms!
- I've learned a lot about myself through this column-what I want, who I am, where I'm going. I owe a big thanks to the readership for allowing me to do that.
- Orange Mocha Frappacino!
- I've got to jump out to the bank (what the heck is a notary anyway)-I've left strict instructions on my stop with the boyz in the hood. FYI.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter