More Random Thoughts!
By Todd Harrison Dec 02, 2004 2:48 pm
Fare ye well into the bell!
- Critters be hoppin' as Pixar (PIXR:NASD) pokes through to an all-time high.
- On this date in 2001, Enron filed for Chapter 11 reorganization. The filing came five days after Dynegy walked away from a $8.4 billion buyout. It was the largest bankruptcy in U.S. history.
- Someone asked me yesterday why we don't have more bulls on Minyanville. I responded that Minyanville scribes aren't bulls or bears--they're honest people who shoot from the hip. We're always looking for forthright folks to join our family but we'll never bring somebody on board just because they fit the bill. That would be inconsistent with the Minyanville mission and a disservice to ye faithful.
- "The good news for bulls is the trend, and the confirmation in the 65-day, and 52-week highs. With these numbers expanding, there is likely more upside to the market. As divergences develop, new highs contract and the market continues its ascent, there becomes more timely cause for concern." -Jeff DeGraaf of Lehman Brothers.
- "German archaeologists announced that they have discovered the toilet on which Martin Luther wrote the 95 theses that launched the Protestant Reformation. They found the stone commode while excavating a garden at Luther's house in Wittenberg. Theologian and Luther expert Martin Treu told BBC News that there's no doubt the toilet was Luther's, explaining that Luther had admitted suffering from chronic constipation and spent much of his time in contemplation on the toilet.
- They wanna go up but the ice age analogy I used earlier seems apt. Picture Hoofy skating across a frozen pond with a big smile on his puss. He'll continue to glide....but if a crack emerges below, it can sink the whole shebang.
- Thank you to our friends at MS Howells & Co. Salt of the earth!
- So you're a dancer, eh?
- The Mother Chip is set to land tonight just as the SOX sits at the 200-day moving average.
- I just got the following instant message from a friend that I haven't spoken to in 10 years. "Todd .. you should take a look at investment homes in Arizona. Tons of easy $$$ to be made."
- And you thought the greenback had issues?
- With the path of least resistance to the upside, more and more traders are viewing the "big bad events" as speed bumps rather than road blocks. That could be--emotional tapes are hard to 'top'--but I will ask ye faithful to remember that telegraphed and crowded situations sometimes lead to reversal days.
- I can always tell that I'm getting sick when my ears clog. They're officially clogged.
- Does anybody else sense that the Minx is lulling us to sleep?
- The Wall Street shuffle? Money rotated out of the nets and nuts yesterday and into the financial and semis. Today's fray reversed that mojo.
- Collins trading radar should be printed out and kept next to any active Minyan.
- It's hard to believe that we've been at this critter thing for three years. And we're almost at the starting gate...
- When is the last time I had the bull costume on?
- Minyanville's annual holiday dinner is set for December 22nd in NYC and a slew of professors have already committed. We may auction off a seat at the table (of 35) again and donate the proceeds to The Ruby Peck Foundation for Children's Education. We did it last year and raised money for the kids. Nice!
No positions in stocks mentioned.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter