More Random Thoughts!
How can I NOT be paranoid?
- Congrats Lappy! I'm very excited for the both of you!
- Professor Succo used to run the entire equity derivative group at Lehman Brothers. We're very fortunate to get his insights on a daily basis.
- Beef cheeks.
- If (when) the market punks out, will the analyst community be held to task (again) for being so bullish?
- There have been some outsized moves by the cyclicals in recent years (remember the old school ramp of 1999?). This year's move dwarfs them all. Beware of the dwarfs.
- Put on your yarmulke--It's time for Chanukah--So much funnaka--to celebrate Chanukah (Adam Sandler)
- Orange whip? Orange whip? Orange whip? Three orange whips!
- Thanks again Jason Miller, winner of the most recent auction.
- Thank you Cowboy, Metta, Cowgirl, Christie, V (and Granny) for making me feel like part of the family. You guys are the greatest!
- SOX starting to get a bit sloppy.
- Bull markets don't start when everyone thinks we're in a bull market.
- It's official--I've moved to the next belt notch.
- Could they Snapper? Yeah, the banks are firm and the S&P's are broken out. Could they melt? Yeah, everyone's long and the breadth is slippy.
- Remember the Seinfeld when George had a waddle fetish?
- Everyone looked at me like I had four heads when Princess Diana passed because I didn't think it was an accident.
- Just for that Greg, you get to watch Phoebe and Zoë while I'm away.
- Faith is always a good thing. It doesn't matter which faith you practice as long as it betters you as a person.
- I'm gonna give Darol Ryan a razor for Chanukah. I figure it'll last him another five years.
- Hey Lillybean!
- Critters Gone Wild: Daisy on Spring Break coming out on DVD soon.
- Get in your mouse and drive away.
- Did I ever tell you my favorite Neil Glassman story? I was running the desk at my old shop and he was my options coverage at Bear Stearns. After he and I shared a particularly naughty night out, he was in pretty sorry shape (more sorry than usual!). I called him up out of the blue, screamed "5000 CANCELS 3000!" and told my desk NOT to pick up the Bear light. It rang off the hook for a minute or so as he frantically chased the phantom order and yelled at his traders. I called him back "AM I FILLED! COME ON NEIL!!!! I'M TAKING A REPORT!!!" Needless to say, there was never an order in the first place. I think his last seven hairs hit the ground at that point.
- Yes, we're implementing font size controls Yes, there will be IM alerts. Yes, we'll have the open chat among professors daily. Yes, Main Street is automated and E-friendly.
- We're seeing a handful of 500,000 prints on the SMH (sell side) and some meaty IWM (small cap) put buyers.
- Looking for the perfect holiday gift? Check out the Minyanville holiday packages--we gave them out at our holiday party and they were very well received!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter