By Todd Harrison Dec 19, 2003 12:52 pm
- The timing of this threat (year end and euphoria) makes skittishness more likely but traders have been conditioned to ignore this type of news.
- The other side of the coin.
- The holidays can be hazardous to your weight.
- Maui Minyanfest?
- The piggies continue to hang tough. Terrorist threat or no terrorist threat, they're still the most important sector in the marketplace.
- Nazz breadth is 2:1 negative while NYSE breadth is slipping begrudgingly.
- Why is underwear singular and panties plural?
- Andy Srebnik just swung by for lunch. Please tell his wife not to worry--he's here.
- Be thankful for what you have rather than worrying about what you don't. There are plenty of people out there praying for what you've got.
- Happy Chanukah to my friend Paul Packer and all other observing Minyans!
- What would screw the most people into year-end? The path of maximum frustration is the most probable course.
- Dave, Crimson Tide, American President and Ocean's Eleven are movies you can watch over and over.
- Berko and I called off our annual Raiders/Giants "who's got a better record" bet. Neither of us deserve to win.
- I'm looking forward to the new metals and technical analysis commentary next year. I'm also on the lookout for a good currency professor.
- See the Microsoft (MSFT:NASD) gap.
- I've said it before and I'll say it now--the only thing that will motivate sellers is lower prices. It can still happen.
- Smelly cat.
- I've tooled on Fokker all year but let me be very clear. I've never met a better co-worker or a more loyal guy. Over the course of the year, I've found a new brother and that's a lifelong comittment. Thanks for all you do, Greg, and enjoy your time off. NOT!
- I, for one, think Becky Quick is doing a fine job.
- We're finalizing the critter kids. Boo the troublemaker, Hoofy the jock, Daisy is gawky, Sammy the nerd and Snapper is the cool kid. They're gonna teach kids the value of money and the importance of saving.
- I'm watching Wednesday's lows as the "this could get interesting" levels.
- I used to have a crush on Nurse McCall, Julie McCoy and Kristy McNichol. Life was much simpler then.
- The lot of the energy charts are shaping up nicely.
- Intel (INTC:NASD) remains the single best tech tell. Watch for a pin magnet to 30.
- What ever happened to Paul Reiser?
- Wow--a half hour late on the Randoms and the natives are restless! Pipe down Dorushkin.
- Who cares about the plural panties question?
- Another expiration, another put funeral.
- Thank you for rolling with the punches this year, Minyans. It hasn't always been easy and it certainly wasn't always fun but nothing worth attaining ever is.
- Rolling stops allow you to remain involved while defining risk.
position in spx, qqq
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter