- The timing of this threat (year end and euphoria) makes skittishness more likely but traders have been conditioned to ignore this type of news.
- The other side of the coin.
- The holidays can be hazardous to your weight.
- Maui Minyanfest?
- The piggies continue to hang tough. Terrorist threat or no terrorist threat, they're still the most important sector in the marketplace.
- Nazz breadth is 2:1 negative while NYSE breadth is slipping begrudgingly.
- Why is underwear singular and panties plural?
- Andy Srebnik just swung by for lunch. Please tell his wife not to worry--he's here.
- Be thankful for what you have rather than worrying about what you don't. There are plenty of people out there praying for what you've got.
- Happy Chanukah to my friend Paul Packer and all other observing Minyans!
- What would screw the most people into year-end? The path of maximum frustration is the most probable course.
- Dave, Crimson Tide, American President and Ocean's Eleven are movies you can watch over and over.
- Berko and I called off our annual Raiders/Giants "who's got a better record" bet. Neither of us deserve to win.
- I'm looking forward to the new metals and technical analysis commentary next year. I'm also on the lookout for a good currency professor.
- See the Microsoft (MSFT:NASD) gap.
- I've said it before and I'll say it now--the only thing that will motivate sellers is lower prices. It can still happen.
- Smelly cat.
- I've tooled on Fokker all year but let me be very clear. I've never met a better co-worker or a more loyal guy. Over the course of the year, I've found a new brother and that's a lifelong comittment. Thanks for all you do, Greg, and enjoy your time off. NOT!
- I, for one, think Becky Quick is doing a fine job.
- We're finalizing the critter kids. Boo the troublemaker, Hoofy the jock, Daisy is gawky, Sammy the nerd and Snapper is the cool kid. They're gonna teach kids the value of money and the importance of saving.
- I'm watching Wednesday's lows as the "this could get interesting" levels.
- I used to have a crush on Nurse McCall, Julie McCoy and Kristy McNichol. Life was much simpler then.
- The lot of the energy charts are shaping up nicely.
- Intel (INTC:NASD) remains the single best tech tell. Watch for a pin magnet to 30.
- What ever happened to Paul Reiser?
- Wow--a half hour late on the Randoms and the natives are restless! Pipe down Dorushkin.
- Who cares about the plural panties question?
- Another expiration, another put funeral.
- Thank you for rolling with the punches this year, Minyans. It hasn't always been easy and it certainly wasn't always fun but nothing worth attaining ever is.
- Rolling stops allow you to remain involved while defining risk.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter