By Todd Harrison Dec 19, 2002 2:21 pm
Our bags are packed, ready to go....
- I've always given Martin a lot of flack but, as this is my second to last day with the lad, I've got to be honest-he's good people. Hey Katie-you should have held on to him with both hands and a leg. Big mistake, girlie...HUGE!
- Watch BKX 750-it's the last ray of hope for the bovine.
- I'm rolling down my "stop" on my bear costume to S&P 890. Locks in a gain and keeps my downside exposure. That works!
- The high bid on the Ruby Foundation charity auction poster (see below) is $5,000 by Neil Glassman. Send bids to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- The brokers are breaking-key on this group in my absence.
- Don't cheerleaders get cold in the winter?
- I'm taking my critters with me to the south pacific but, fear not, Tony's gonna step it up in "News and Views" and he's got a couple of tricks up his sleeve!
- Dave, an analyst in my office, looks like hoop's player Elliot Richards in Bedazzled. Hey, at least he's giving 110%!
- In Cleveland, it's illegal to catch mice without a hunting license.
- Tenet Healthcare halted!
- Using the whole fist there, Doc?
- DAX alert! Down 2 ½ % at 2950!
- There's so much dandruff in my charts I feel like I'm in a blizzard! Hey...at least I still have (some) hair left!
- This has been some year, huh? This is the twelfth time I close out my books and it's getting increasing harder to trade 'em. Guess what...in five years, we'll look back at 2002 and say "If only...!"
- The retailers continue to act fugly.
- Rolling down the street, smoking INDU, sipping on gin and juice. Laid back, with my mind on my money and my money on my mind.
- Comedy clubs are underrated.
- I really believe we'll have a conversation in three years lamenting about NOT shorting the brokers.
- Junior is mumbling. That's never a good sign.
- Yes, Bucky continues to gorge himself but I haven't brought it up because, well, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!
- This Iraqi resolution nonsense was a waste of time and money-and if you're going to go through the motions, they should (at least) pretend to be serious during the press conference.
- To my Mom, Grandma (Margarita Maven!), Aunt Phyllis, Cousins Stephanie and Jake, Brother Adam, Princess Maia, Bradley Boo, Faith and Dad-Happy and safe holidays.
- I think Boo needs a squeeze...and I don't mean a short squeeze. I mean a honey...and I don't mean a jar!
- I will be unwinding my risk by tomorrow's close-win, lose or draw. I am so tired, my eyes are watering! Calgon, take me away...
- If you've had a rough year, keep it in perspective-if we've learned anything together, it's that it could be worse.
- Billy Owens was a bigger disappointment than Pearl Washington.
- Who's the best actor of our generation? Think about it...tomorrow we'll poll.
- Joe ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
- 1 ½ hours left in the charity auction! Bids must be time stamped by 3:59pm!
position in spy.
Get The Minyanville
Daily Recap Newsletter
Daily Recap Newsletter