Our bags are packed, ready to go....
- I've always given Martin a lot of flack but, as this is my second to last day with the lad, I've got to be honest-he's good people. Hey Katie-you should have held on to him with both hands and a leg. Big mistake, girlie...HUGE!
- Watch BKX 750-it's the last ray of hope for the bovine.
- I'm rolling down my "stop" on my bear costume to S&P 890. Locks in a gain and keeps my downside exposure. That works!
- The high bid on the Ruby Foundation charity auction poster (see below) is $5,000 by Neil Glassman. Send bids to email@example.com.
- The brokers are breaking-key on this group in my absence.
- Don't cheerleaders get cold in the winter?
- I'm taking my critters with me to the south pacific but, fear not, Tony's gonna step it up in "News and Views" and he's got a couple of tricks up his sleeve!
- Dave, an analyst in my office, looks like hoop's player Elliot Richards in Bedazzled. Hey, at least he's giving 110%!
- In Cleveland, it's illegal to catch mice without a hunting license.
- Tenet Healthcare halted!
- Using the whole fist there, Doc?
- DAX alert! Down 2 ½ % at 2950!
- There's so much dandruff in my charts I feel like I'm in a blizzard! Hey...at least I still have (some) hair left!
- This has been some year, huh? This is the twelfth time I close out my books and it's getting increasing harder to trade 'em. Guess what...in five years, we'll look back at 2002 and say "If only...!"
- The retailers continue to act fugly.
- Rolling down the street, smoking INDU, sipping on gin and juice. Laid back, with my mind on my money and my money on my mind.
- Comedy clubs are underrated.
- I really believe we'll have a conversation in three years lamenting about NOT shorting the brokers.
- Junior is mumbling. That's never a good sign.
- Yes, Bucky continues to gorge himself but I haven't brought it up because, well, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones!
- This Iraqi resolution nonsense was a waste of time and money-and if you're going to go through the motions, they should (at least) pretend to be serious during the press conference.
- To my Mom, Grandma (Margarita Maven!), Aunt Phyllis, Cousins Stephanie and Jake, Brother Adam, Princess Maia, Bradley Boo, Faith and Dad-Happy and safe holidays.
- I think Boo needs a squeeze...and I don't mean a short squeeze. I mean a honey...and I don't mean a jar!
- I will be unwinding my risk by tomorrow's close-win, lose or draw. I am so tired, my eyes are watering! Calgon, take me away...
- If you've had a rough year, keep it in perspective-if we've learned anything together, it's that it could be worse.
- Billy Owens was a bigger disappointment than Pearl Washington.
- Who's the best actor of our generation? Think about it...tomorrow we'll poll.
- Joe ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ!
- 1 ½ hours left in the charity auction! Bids must be time stamped by 3:59pm!
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at firstname.lastname@example.org.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter