Fear the turtle? FEAR THE GRIZZLY, BABY!
- Don't kid yourself: Minyanville fleeces make the perfect holiday gift for your clients-and we can have them delivered before Santa drops in!
- Stochastics are better directional gauges than timing devices. Those that have done the (pretzel) twist with me in the past know this.
- Watch the action in the insurers (financials) on the heels of this Halliburton asbestos decision.
- I am hearing (although I don't know) that the NDX rebalancing on Friday creates up to $1 Billion worth of Nazz futures for sale.
- Casey Gard, who happens to be the most dapper man on Wall Street, has bid $3,000 for the charity auction poster (see below). If you don't know Casey, let me assure you that he is as savvy as they come...and he is licking his chops at the prospect of the one-of-a-kind, signed by all, 13" x 19" matted poster (framed in plexiglass tm). Besides, with 100% of the (tax deductable) proceeds going to The Ruby Foundation for Children's Education, how can you go wrong? Send your bids into firstname.lastname@example.org if you've got the itch to give.
- Crude is starting to get jiggy on the heels of the war rhetoric and it's taking the oil (and oil service) stocks with them. I'm not playing this trade, but I've got to think that these names are a fade (read: sale) for a trade. Just my humble opinion.
- Do I really think the brokers are acne prone (teenagers in waiting?) Yes...I just think it's going to take time.
- I still look at LU, NT, JDSU and all their friends in amazement. What were we thinking?
- Achtung Baby! The German DAX is 50 points away from Mamaluke support (3000).
- Does anybody else think this whole Iraqi resolution process is noisy politics?
- Katie took Martin back...and now Martin is dumping Katie. Ahh...the power struggles of adolescence!
- The Flash was a great superhero...but once he caught the bad guys, what did he do with them?
- Watch the retailers for signs of Snappage...they're another sector that could potentially alter psychology.
- I've now gained back all the weight I lost when I had my quadruple wisdom yank. Man, that was quick!
- Slaino, baby, Slaino.
Todd Harrison is the founder and Chief Executive Officer of Minyanville. Prior to his current role, Mr. Harrison was President and head trader at a $400 million dollar New York-based hedge fund. Todd welcomes your comments and/or feedback at email@example.com.
The information on this website solely reflects the analysis of or opinion about the performance of securities and financial markets by the writers whose articles appear on the site. The views expressed by the writers are not necessarily the views of Minyanville Media, Inc. or members of its management. Nothing contained on the website is intended to constitute a recommendation or advice addressed to an individual investor or category of investors to purchase, sell or hold any security, or to take any action with respect to the prospective movement of the securities markets or to solicit the purchase or sale of any security. Any investment decisions must be made by the reader either individually or in consultation with his or her investment professional. Minyanville writers and staff may trade or hold positions in securities that are discussed in articles appearing on the website. Writers of articles are required to disclose whether they have a position in any stock or fund discussed in an article, but are not permitted to disclose the size or direction of the position. Nothing on this website is intended to solicit business of any kind for a writer's business or fund. Minyanville management and staff as well as contributing writers will not respond to emails or other communications requesting investment advice.
Copyright 2011 Minyanville Media, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
Daily Recap Newsletter